What's new
What's new

Oil change help needed

Honeyriver710

Plastic
I've got an old 1986 Morgon frejoth cbl 940 and I want to change the oil. I've got the correct fluid, and one of the site glasses is showing the proper level but the other is not showing anything. I want to change the oil completely before I kick it on and get back to work. There are two different oil caps where I'm assuming the oil is added to but I'm not sure if there is a drain plug anywhere. Anyone have any insight? I've searched online and haven't found any information.

I can't help you with the machine specifics, but if there isn't a drain for the reservoir or it's not easily accessible, a suck bucket is the easiest way to empty it. Providing you can get a tube into the reservoir, that is. The best buckets to use are the ones with a built in vent. Pop the vent plug out and 3/4 od clear plastic tubing fits in nice and snug.

Error | Heavy Equipment Forums

I've tried this and it works kind of. The shop vac doesn't have enough suck to suck up the oil very quickly. Or maybe my vac is a POS (I know it is).

I use a diaphragm pump that runs on compressed air.

You really need to be a little more specific in your post. I didn't know what the hell a Morgon frejoth cbl 940 was until I searched. My first thought was to take it to Jiffy lube.

There's probably a drain plug under the headstock. It might be tought to spot. I don't suppose you have a manual. The apron might have a drain on the bottom also. Mirrors and a good light will help.
JR

Back