What's new
What's new

oil Skimmer or coalescer

cmccull166

Hot Rolled
Anybody care to weigh in Im confused which route to take.:willy_nilly:
I have 3 tanks (VMC) which need addressed .

What I have read seems to tell me skimmers are more economical but less effective I would need to make brackets of some sort to match each tanks configuration but little to no maintenance.

A Coalescer more expensive but more effective and easier route to take but X 3 machines 1500-2000 dollar range.

In my search I did find one (Coalescer) made locally and is mobile so it can go from machine to machine There is also a video

Portable Coalescer - Products || Eriez Headquarters

But Im sure we are in the 3-4k range with this one.

I did search PM and found a few different threads but they
didnt help much.So anybody have an opinion they would share?
Thanks

Coalescer for me, they just work so much better. I made my own so cost is a non issue, $75 including the areator. I think the NexJen C-Thu coalescers look the most interesting for your needs. I run my setup 15 minutes every 6 hours which keeps the coolant in good shape even if the machine is sitting.

Coalescer for me, they just work so much better. I made my own so cost is a non issue, $75 including the areator. I think the NexJen C-Thu coalescers look the most interesting for your needs. I run my setup 15 minutes every 6 hours which keeps the coolant in good shape even if the machine is sitting.

Curious what pump you used. :scratchchin:

Yes do you have a photo of this set up and maybe a bit more info if you have the time.

Thanks

Back