What's new
What's new

Reproducing Data Plates

motion guru

Diamond
Over the years, I have seen a few posts where folks have made new data plates for older machines.

I have several data plates that an enthusiastically incompetent worker (no longer in our employ due to a rash of these kinds of events) destroyed and I would like to replace them.

Anyone have good experience with a company that does this kind of work and can make a recommendation?

nameplates.jpg

Two identical Trolley labels, one Hoist label.

MG- you are going to have to pay for a silkscreen charge regardless. I think you said you could do the artwork. Make up the plates yourself and look in the yellow pages for a trophy shop or a silkscreen shop (not t shirts) that makes plaques for car clubs etc.
Good luck. I have a silkscreen guy down here if you need it, but you should be able to find someone up there. Make sure to tell them you want epoxy ink (Nazdar or equivalent) Dan

Thanks to a miracle of modern technology, silkscreen is no longer required. One of our volunteers at the museum made placards like this all the time. He ran a trophy/engraving/sign company and found a process that used his laser engraving equiment to print these up. It was the same basic process as a laser printer. The ink was on the material and the laser stuck it wherever it burned. You just rinsed off the unburned portion and then engraved the info in the blank boxes. Looked like factory.

Back