What's new
What's new

OT- Aircraft hanging in Cincy airport atrium (CVG)

Mike C.

Diamond
Any of you Cincinnati locals may can answer this. A friend was in Cincinnati yesterday and today and sent me a pic of an airplane hanging in the atrium. I did a quick google search and came up empty. I spent several minutes and used several different search terms, still nothing. She sent a couple more pics and it looks to be a black and red Piper J-3, so I googled again... nothing in images or anywhere else. Any idea what that airplane is and why it is hanging there?

Any of you Cincinnati locals may can answer this. A friend was in Cincinnati yesterday and today and sent me a pic of an airplane hanging in the atrium. I did a quick google search and came up empty. I spent several minutes and used several different search terms, still nothing. She sent a couple more pics and it looks to be a black and red Piper J-3, so I googled again... nothing in images or anywhere else. Any idea what that airplane is and why it is hanging there?
My search cane up with an Aeronca Defender, on loan from a local museum. It does look similar to a Piper Cub (J3).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, from the angle she took the pics, it was hard to tell what it was. I figured it might have been a Stinson, but the windows and tail looked wrong. Same for Aeronca, the leading edge angle of the tail looked all wrong and you couldn't read the badge on the cowling or see the tail, where they usually had the name.

Stinson was in Dayton and Aeronca in Middletown, so it makes a little sense. Would like to know more of it.

Back