What's new
What's new

OT: auctioneers who specialize in boat/ship manufacturing?

I think its more regional than industry specific.
boatbuilders in the Gulf South tend to build more job (government contract) specific, and shut down yards when military jobs finish- so maybe in the Gulf States.
Up here, I live within 100 miles of probably 50 shipyards/boatbuilders that range from a dozen employees to 500 or more. Most are doing pretty well. We had a wave of high end pleasure boat yards go bankrupt in 2009 or so- but even then, less than a dozen auctions over 2 years- certainly not enough for a specialized firm. Most of the bigger yards survived, we build a mix of fishing boats 30' to 150' or so, commercial boats like Mississippi Tugs, Ferries for Asia, Oil Spill Response Boats for Persian Gulf and Alaska- (we had a huge surge during the Gulf oil spill- hundreds of boats built) and we have maybe 30 to 50 yards building pleasure boats from 15' to 150'. And America's cup sail boats-
Anyway- main point is- the boatbuilders that are still building have diversified enough, both product line and global market- that they dont go broke enough to support a dedicated auctioneer, or even dedicated machinery dealers.
One yard might use makita hand tools and make fiberglas sailboats, another uses the largest CNC mills in the world and build carbon fiber hulls for radar invisible stealth naval ships.
No commonality in equipment or dealers.

Yeah but expensive, and then there is the shipping cost. I actually just bought 1 a few weeks ago but it is lacking the X-Y table and doesn't have the incremental dial on the downfeed lever. How much do you think those x-y tables go for? Probably moot since they never show up alone??

Frequently they have Fehlmann tables. They can be had for ~1200CHF, if you are patient.

Note, my link upthread is for UB2 parts and support. Maybe you will find your missing dial there.

How tall is the column on your machine, and did you get the combined horizontal+vertical base?

Adding:

You could put some handwheels on this one maybe?
maschinen-nc-tisch-fehlmann-mit-bandit-steuerung

https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/buero...-fehlmann-mit-bandit-steuerung/v/an800854276/

Frequently they have Fehlmann tables. They can be had for ~1200CHF, if you are patient.

Note, my link upthread is for UB2 parts and support. Maybe you will find your missing dial there.

How tall is the column on your machine, and did you get the combined horizontal+vertical base?

Adding:

You could put some handwheels on this one maybe?

https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/buero...-fehlmann-mit-bandit-steuerung/v/an800854276/

There was a Fehlmann sold on Ebay for 112 ; I didn't see it though. The 1 on Ricardo is too dear for me , plus it would need manual screw , which would take a long time finding used. Shipping is also a killer.

hard to imagine a boat builder that would need or want one of those, although it looks beautiful.
The aluminum boat shops here use big rolls and plasmacutters, and pulsed mig welders to run 36 foot long beads.
The fiberglas shops use rollers and spray guns, and full PPE.
The steel boatyards have 20' x 50' plasma tables, rolls for up to 2" plate x 20' long, sub arc welders, and 200 ton cranes.
The mills and lathes in boatyard machine shops are usually much much bigger.
Maybe model boats?

hard to imagine a boat builder that would need or want one of those, although it looks beautiful.
The aluminum boat shops here use big rolls and plasmacutters, and pulsed mig welders to run 36 foot long beads.
The fiberglas shops use rollers and spray guns, and full PPE.
The steel boatyards have 20' x 50' plasma tables, rolls for up to 2" plate x 20' long, sub arc welders, and 200 ton cranes.
The mills and lathes in boatyard machine shops are usually much much bigger.
Maybe model boats?

It appears to be a handy machine to do precise drilling and boring on large objects in situ.

To spam/shill, of course. Unless it's part of an SEO scam. I hear there's value to having "legitimate" links when you are trying to get your crap site on the 1st page of Google's search results.

Back