What's new
What's new

Help - Can you translate this instruction from German?

Mud

Diamond
I have a neat polygon turning attachment by Witte that came with a one page manual in German. I can't make heads or tails of it with my high school German, Babylon choked on the technical terms. Could someone here take a look and let me know what is important here for setup, operation and maintenance? I typed this in Word then copied it here, I hope all the correct characters come through on the board, and that I haven't mucked up the spelling to badly - the original is a little damaged.

Thanks in advance!

BEDIENUNGSANLEITUNG

HOHLSPINDELANSCHLAG FÜR MKF1001 (MKF1001 is the model number)

1.) Einsatz
Der Hohlspindelanschalg dient zum Längenanschlagen von Werkstücken in der Spindel des Mehrkantfräsgerätes. Einstellbar sind Einspanntiefen von 0-180 mm bei einem minimalen Durchmesser von 4 mm.

2.) Aufbau und Funktion
Der Hohlspindelanschlag besteht aus den Hauptkomponenten Spannpatrone und zwei unterschiedlich langen Anschlagschrauben. Die Spannpatrone Kann im unteren Teil der Spindel frei positioniert und festgesetzt werden. Mit der kurzen Anschlagschnaube können lange Teile bis zu 180 mm tief gespannt werden: die lange Anschlagschraube ermöglicht in Verbindung mit einem Gewindestift das kurze Einspannen von Werkstücken ab 4 mm. Für Werkstücke mot Bohrungen kann die beiliegende Scheibe mit der Senkschraube M4 an den Anschlagschrauben befestigt werden.

3.) Einbau und Einstellung

A – Spannpatrone mit der benötigten Anschlagschraube bestücken.

B – Einführen in die Hohlspindel, so dab der Stift (6) in der Längsnut gleitet. Durch den O-ring ist ein feinfühliges Einstallen möglich.

C – Einführen mit dem Rohrschlubel anziehen.

4.) Einrichtehilfe
Da bei Spannzangen kleiner Æ20 das Festziehen der Spannpatrone des Hohlspindleanschlags erst nach Ausschrauben der Spannzange aus dem Futter möglich ist, kann das exakte Einstellen der gewünschten Tiefe zu langwierig und um-standlich sein. Abhilfe schafft die Einrichtehilfe, deren gestufte Oberkante ein präzises Voreinstellen des Anschlags über den gesamten Durchmesserbereich der Spannzangen ermöglicht.

This is what Alta Vista came up with:

OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS HOLLOW SPINDLE NOTICE FOR MKF1001 1.) employment of the Hohlspindelanschalg serves for the length fastening of workpieces in the spindle of the multi-Kant milling equipment. Clamping depths of 0-180 mm are adjustable with a minimum diameter of 4 mm. 2.) spannpatrone and two stop screws of different lengths consist structure and function the hollow spindle notice of the main components. The spannpatrone can be positioned and determined in the lower part of the spindle freely. With the short Anschlagschnaube can long parts up to 180 mm become deeply strained: the long stop screw makes in connection with a grubscrew the short clamping of workpieces starting from X for 4 mm possible. For workpieces drillings can the enclosed disk mot with the countersunk screw M4 to the stop screws be fastened. 3.) installation and attitude A - Spannpatrone with the necessary stop screw equip. B - Insert into the hollow spindle, thus dab the pin (6) in the serration slides. By the O-ring a sensitive Einstallen is possible. C - Introduce with the Rohrschlubel tighten. 4.) setting-up assistance with clamping devices of small Æ20 tightening the spannpatrone of the hollow spindling notice only after unscrewing the clamping device from the fodder possible is too lengthy and in order-standlich, can be accurate adjusting of the desired depth there. Remedy creates the setting-up assistance, whose gradated upper edge makes a precise pre-setting possible of the notice over the entire diameter range of the clamping devices.

RAS

Here is a bit more still not perfect...
A pic of parts would help

OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS HOLLOW SPINDLE NOTICE FOR MKF1001
1.) employment of the Hollow Spindle Assy serves for the length fastening of workpieces in the spindle of the multi-Angle milling equipment.

Clamping depths of 0-180 mm are adjustable with a minimum diameter of 4 mm.

2.) Distance Guide ? (Cartridge) and two stop screws of different lengths consist structure and function the hollow spindle notice of the main components. The Distance Guide ? (Cartridge) can be positioned and determined in the lower part of the spindle freely. With the short grip Nose can long parts up to 180 mm be held: the long connecting? screw makes in connection with a grubscrew the short clamping of workpieces starting from X for 4 mm possible. For workpieces with holes can the enclosed disk with with the countersunk screw M4 to the stop screws be fastened.

3.) installation and adjustment

A - Distance Guide ? (or Cartridge) with the necessary connecting? screw equip.

B - Insert into the hollow spindle, stick the pin (6) in the spline . With the O-ring a fine adjustment is possible.

C - Introduce with the Tube Key ? tighten.

4.) setting-up assistance with clamping devices of small Æ20 tightening the Distance Guide ? (Cartridge) of the hollow spindling notice only after unscrewing the clamping device from the insert ? adjusting the length exactly can be trying and difficult.

Remedy: created by the setting-up jig ?, whose gradated upper edge makes a precise pre-setting possible of the notice over the entire diameter range of the clamping devices.

[ 11-18-2007, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: abarnsley ]

Good starts, thanks guys. I'm putting it together, I'll post some pics when it's together. I don't have anything that looks like a distance guide or cartridge, or a setting up jig, or a stopscrew, but this may be incomplete.

Saw a multilingual warning once, something like this:

Dat machine ist nicht fuer herumfummeln and gimmelwalk. Unbefuegte stoopide persons should de hands in de pocket halten, sonst wollen alle warranty away fallen ...

- and so on. I forget the rest but should like to read the original once more. Can any of you guys help?

Back