What's new
What's new

Heidenreich and Harbeck VDF V630 wiring help

wrangler

Plastic
I purchased the Heidenreich and Harbeck V630 lathe at auction recently. No history about machine. It was wired for 480 volts and I have changed motor and control transformers to 240 volts. I can not get the machine to run when pushing the on button. The coolant pump contactor clicks but does not stay engaged. If I push the main motor starter in manually it starts the main motor. There are a whole lot of wires going from the electrical cabinet to under the head stock, that I do not know their function. Does anyone know where I could get a schematic for this lathe? The number on the bed is V630 801038-0262.The controls run on 110 volts and I have that coming out of the control transformer. A manual for this machine would also be helpful. I am a new member that has spent a lot of time reading this forum and have been impressed by the knowledge of the members.

I know this is not the same exact lathe and comes too late for the OP but in case someone else is searching some wiring help on VDF v630 lathes. This is a reverse engineered drawing I made out of my lathe before taking it apart for cleaning and paint. VDF-V630 (1).jpg (I seem to have a quite low limit on file sizes I can upload here so if anybody wants a higher quality version PM or email me.)

Back