What's new
What's new

OT forest andy remember the antikythera device/machine thread?

• Thread starter Johnny Larue
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3,152
J

Johnny Larue

OT forrest addy remember the antikythera device/machine thread?

how it tracked the north star and others and had cnc machined parts and we got into dimensions....well the WARP DRIVE is related to all this...it gets deep but very interesting...also pay attention to speed of light as ultimate speed...but then the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light...which means speed of light is not the fastest after all....something else is....start here...enjoy....the warp drive is being machined...cool stuff

Last edited:
Interesting but speculative. I like science fiction but its practical application to present day life eludes us until the true innovators and a suitable economic climate bring the technology to fruition.

Universal wireless phone technology for instance. Science fiction until the Bell system was broken up and micro-electronics and the infrastructure reached a critical mass. Or railroads: not before plentiful cheap steel and large scale capitalization..\

By the way, it's Forrest (2 "r"s) Addy (2 "d"s, no "n") Caps too. Hope you don't mind the correction. Getting names right is a nice social skill to have but I'm lamentably deficient in these matters myself. I once introduced a new girlfriend to a previous girlfriend and forgot both their names

Last edited:

Wireless phone technology for instance. Science fiction until the Bell system was broken up and micro-electronics and the infrastructure reached a critical mass. .
Well now hold on just a minute....Been reading a book about Bell labs....

Seems they came up with the cellular phone concept back in 1929, got a patent in 1947, then developed it full steam in the mid/late 1960's. (after the government "the FCC"
finally gave them some bandwidth to use).

But your overall point is well taken.

Had to research a sci-fi technology for my engineering technical communications class last semster. Someone in my class researched the Alcubierre warp drive.

Assuming we solve some problems in physics to allow the technology to work, like having positive and negative mass play nice with each other. The current lowest estimate in needed energy is equivalent to the aproximatley the entire US yearly energy consumtion. Better than previous estimates that said it was all the energy in the observable universe.....

I'll say we have a little bit to go before "the warp drive is being machined".....

as I turns out...that device might be more accurate than our atomic clocks today and has a more accurate positioning of the stars going back in time 9000 years or more....we always correct for leap year....this design adds leap year with a wheel slowly as opposed to our way which does it instantly...the round wheel that adds it to the stars alignment in the device has to be within .0002 diameter and pitch to add it correctly over a time span that's 12,000 years long...theres discrepancies in the computers positions as to the devices differences...slightly....and to boot there turns out that there is another...LARGER....not as exact in its positioning of stars but impressive none the less.....that is STILL FUNCTIONING TODAY...and the constellations line up as well....it could be modeled after the device...its being looked into now....heres how precise it is to build today with modern tools...and the old one was built even closer tolerances....IMO....by ancient cnc technics somehow

PS...the warp drive IS being built...and the ION ENGINE is testing it all out now on actual spacecraft that's flying...it is true ALSKDJFHG

Interesting but speculative. I like science fiction but its practical application to present day life elude us until the true innovators and a suitable economic climate bring the technology to fruition.

Wireless phone technology for instance. Science fiction until the Bell system was broken up and micro-electronics and the infrastructure reached a critical mass. Or railroads: not before plentiful cheap steel and large scale capitalization..\

By the way, it's Forrest (2 "r"s) Addy (2 "d"s, no "n") Caps too. Hope you don't mind the correction. Getting names right is a nice social skill to have but I'm lamentably deficient in these matters myself.

sorry I tried changing your name and it only changed it in the first post not the title

I hope you know that the wireless telephone was invented in 1880 and was not science fiction at all..... TESLA actually invented it all....some used an umbrella for an antennae...you could also hook into fire hydrants..many people are unawares of all this today even

mobile-phone_1644184a.jpg

Worlds-First-Mobile-Phone-crystal-radio-sm.jpg

fast forward again to reality...LOL...this is a modern day antikythera device that was possibly copied off one that still runs and works today....its probably hidden at the Vatican and I suspect this was part of that special info the pope was going to release but never did....enjoy the show....it is TRUELY SPECTACULAR and a marvel...I recommend to all watching it in full screen with sound up

So 4 years after Alexander Graham Bell developed telephonic communication, Nicholi Tesla invented the Cell phone? Tesla's work with radio is irrelevant to cellular data transfer, don't confuse the 2. Tesla's focus was on AC current, high voltage transformers, and being weird. Your talking out your ass again.

Hidden in the Vatican
This is a joke right?

Here's one for you dude;https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiA_8Lj6I3UAhWP2YMKHfNvA6IQFggkMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheflatearthsociety.org%2F&usg=AFQjCNGJI33Obj2tDFlBPWK-GUlOwzw0Uw&sig2=xDDjQnxLP6yr6CewdquKTA

sorry I tried changing your name and it only changed it in the first post not the title

I hope you know that the wireless telephone was invented in 1880 and was not science fiction at all..... TESLA actually invented it all....some used an umbrella for an antennae...you could also hook into fire hydrants..many people are unawares of all this today even

mobile-phone_1644184a.jpg

Worlds-First-Mobile-Phone-crystal-radio-sm.jpg

That wireless telephone seems to have quite a few wires.

Once upon a time, I was hiking in the hills near the Crater Lakes in Oregon by myself. I was just sort of wandering around looking at the lakes. I went over a hill and there were a herd of wild Bovine grazing in a field, so i decided to run around like an idiot to scare them or play with them, not sure. When they were all running around, I stepped in a cow pie. I looked down and saw that there were mushrooms growing around the periphery of the cow pie. I thought hell I'm kind of hungry, so I ate the mushrooms. Later in the day I found a burlap sack, full of Hammers! I love Hammers just like everyone else right? So then I started talking to the Hammers and they told me things, strange and mysterious things about UFO's, the Kennedy assassination, and the Illuminati.

Johnny that bag of Hammers was smarter than you.

Johnny,

Thanks for the interesting post. I don't know what you training is, but from your various posts it is evident that you have considerable expertise in physics and astrophysics. Good stuff, as you said.

Denis

The use of an umbrella as an antenna for a crystal radio dates back at least to 1910, as we can see from the image below, which ran in the February 20, 1910 Washington Post. The image is pretty amazing to 21st century eyes, but it’s not until we read the last few lines of the accompanying article that we realize the wireless communication is only traveling in one direction and is little more than a crystal radio, which needs a ground connection.

again controversy surrounds it all....heres the film....and its a crystal radio they say....but also a wireless mobile phone....and it was reported in a paper article in 1910...but the film is dated 1922..again...controversy

PS...little rob...try to focus...possibly the last working antikythera device is in the Vatican...that church and clock were built by the knight of Templar....Christians...Vatican...major announcement canceled....etc....focus....damn trolls....are you billy goat gruff by any chance dude....ROTFLMAO

Johnny,

Thanks for the interesting post. I don't know what you training is, but from your various posts it is evident that you have considerable expertise in physics and astrophysics. Good stuff, as you said.

Denis

thanks dude....and yes....I build this stuff...this is last project I can tell you about...enjoy...and enjoy looking at other films related....the drive is being made

Yours (and mine) tax dollars at work....Well I see world piece is at hand, all diseases, and crime have been wiped out,
so let's play around with this crap eh ?

At least we get a slight glimpse into
the utter waste of black box projects funded by DARPA...

Glad you are rolling on the floor. The oldest Antikythera device was discovered in the early 1900's, it was dated to 150-200 BC before the time of Christians or the Vatican or the Knights Templar (there were more than one Knight by the way). Supposedly built by Greek scientists, not Christians. Also the device is designed to track astronomical anomalies for that time period. Nothing to do with manipulating space or warp drive. your post and points are all over the place, forget your Ritalin?

Also Billy Goat Gruff was the nemesis of the Trolls. See my point? Get your shit straight. But believe what you want, talk what you want, I don't care and am done reading your posts.

R

Yours (and mine) tax dollars at work....Well I see world piece is at hand, all diseases, and crime have been wiped out,
so let's play around with this crap eh ?

At least we get a slight glimpse into
the utter waste of black box projects funded by DARPA...

Reminds me of some self-absorbed grumpy fart who was complaining 40 yrs ago about ridiculous experiment some guy was wasting tax-payer money on at Iowa State's physics lab. The experiment being run by some egg-head idiot physics free-loader was involved in flipping water molecules using a very intense magnetic field and then measuring the radio waves emitted during the flip. Lot of bubbling nitrogen, oscilloscopes, weird looking tubing, humming of electromagnets and the PhD dude walking around in a white coat. What a bunch of BS. Nothing but a waste of time and money. That guy should be doing something useful! Blah, blah, blah.

Well, turns out that that "useless" research was part of the very practical basis for what is now an everyday cornerstone of modern medicine; MRI. Better be careful before dismissing what we may not understand.

Denis

Back