What's new
What's new

NDH Bearing w/retaining clip

jobryn

Plastic
I am trying to locate a New Departure Hyatt bearing #488603 or a measured drawing of said bearing. I am rebuilding an old Boice Crane table saw and have had trouble locating this one but I was able to find a #88603 in the hope of machining the groove to accept the clip. My only problem is the location for the groove. The old bearing was left at the clumsy machinist who dropped the original arbor carrier and cracked the casting into pieces. I was able to locate a replacement arbor carrier but did not get back to the machinist to get the old bearing for reference before he went out of business (poetic justice I guess).:confused:

"measured drawing"?

its an 8603 with seals and ring. dimensions would be per that????

od/id are givens at 47/17 mm

overall width is 18mm (0.7087) over seal is 0.679.

ring back surface is 0.136 back, thickness is 0.042, od is 2.062

From N/D handbook volume 1

Thanks for the specs.

Excuse my lack of knowledge in things machine but I am still unclear on the location of the groove for the retaining ring. Is the ring back surface the dimension of the groove from the edge and if it is is that the far side or near side from the edge?

From the face of outer ball race to BACK of snap ring is 0.136. The ring is .042 thick, which is then a distance back towards the face.

I understand that the dimension is with the ring as close in its groove as it can be to the face, in other words in the position that it would be in if the bearing were located in the bore and had a retainer pushing it in against the mounting face.

I also noticed that the edge radius of the races is noted as 0.020". If it is located by the snap ring, that won't be of much importance.

The bearing was made with double seal, and the seals extend outwards and make the inner race wider than teh outer race. The outer race width is presumably the same dimension as for the 8603, which is given as 0.551.

Back