What's new
What's new

Another "What is it?" question

xeddog

Aluminum
Sorry I don't have pictures of what I need but they got lost while moving. I have looked on the Internet and just can't find any so I figure I'll ask y'all since y'all know everything. :-)

Anyway, I will call it a washer for lack of a better word. It is flat on one side to mate up with a flanged bed bolt, and concave on the other side to mate up to a bed post pipe that is about 1 1/4" in diameter. I think it's actually a metric size but since I am not at that location I can't measure it now. I really need 8 of them so I can get my grand daughter's bed put back together.

Thanks,

Wayne

That is what I am looking for. In my looking I had seen several items called "saddle washers", but all of them were nothing more than a curved piece of metal with a hole in the middle. I found all kinds of spacers but not those. I also finally found a couple that were called "concave washers". I had searched for concave washers before also, but every one that I looked at was flat on one side and the other side looked more like it was to accept a ball instead of a pipe. The couple of the type I was looking for were way too big.

So now all I need to do is find some made out of metal because I'm not sure if nylon is what I want to be holding a bed together. They might be strong enough but I would worry about them squeaking every time someone moved.

Thank you,

Wayne

P.S. I just did another search on "saddle washers" and they are all over the place. Sheez!

Google: saddle washer
Some are just bent washers, some are curved (fish mouthed) on one side and flat on the other.
Is the latter what you're looking for?

Ken

I would be less concerned about squeaking, nylon usually provides a good quiet connection. Also, the washers aren't doing the holding, your fastener is what does the holding, I would only be concerned with overtorquing, as this could cause it to fail. So, if you use them make the joint tight, but don't put the extra little cinch at the end... Good luck

Back