What's new
What's new

I need assistance to identify this Horizontal Mill

Hi:
I need some assistance in trying to identify this Horizontal Mill, I believe that it is a TOS mill but beyond that I cannot find any additional nomenclature on it. I am also trying to locate a source for a manual, either a service or operating manual but hopefully, both.

The X,Y,Z, drives are operational, manually. The did operate with the auto drive until about 2 weeks ago. There was no indication that anything was wrong, I tyurned the machine on one morning and the automatic drive would not come on. I can hear the relays clicking but the drive motor does not want to kick in.

Any assistance would be greartly appreciated. I am a novice machinest but with about 12 years of experience and assistance from some friends who are the experts.

Thank You
Ron Bennett

TOS19m.jpgTOS12m.jpgTOS13m.jpgTOS15m.jpgTOS17m.jpg

Attachments

• TOS17m.jpg
    TOS17m.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 409
Hi Soren

[SIZE=2]Thank you for the assistance and the information, I think I have narrowed the mdel information down to one series of HorizontaL Mills, I have ordered a set of manuals with an electrical schematic. Now to brush up on my blueprint reading and electical symbols.
Thank You
Ron Bennett
[/SIZE]

I belive that TOS is correct.
Here you have one that looks like it : ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMQNdW4144A&feature=relmfu

Tony have a lot for TOS, though a bit pricey: http://www.lathes.co.uk/manuals/

Best regards
Søren

Better late than never:
i have some documentation on these machines too, both in Chzech and German. Looks like the horizontal variant of my FA3V (or FA3AV), which would make it a FA3H / FA3AH. I dont expect it to be a FA4H, those are quite a bit bigger.

Auto feed problems plagued mine too because of degrading wiring and bad limit switches. Mine is still in pieces.

for reference my FA3V:

DSC02493.JPG

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v.../my-first-mill-tos-fa3v-work-progress-248178/

I've worked on one like the vertical, not a bad little machine. Engineering quality very good. Electrical systems and components are like most Eastern European machines of that era, not so good. Regards Tyrone.

Back