What's new
What's new

dry guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooddoug

Plastic
anyone using titanium or alum coated EM's without coolant out there? very interested to see how that plays out, especially with thin parts and resulting (if any) warping.
thoughts/recommends?
thanks
doug

anyone using titanium or alum coated EM's without coolant out there?

Do you mean Titanium Nitride or Aluminum Oxide? I suppose you could coat an end mill with titanium, but why. I don't know why you'd coat an end mill in alum, unless it needed disinfected.

very interested to see how that plays out, especially with thin parts and resulting (if any) warping. thoughts/recommends?

The last time I looked, the score was 1 to nothing. The thin parts were loosing.

Now, I've made fun of your post. This is probably before Don will lock it for a poor title. The wording is terrible and you don't really ask a question. What's a "thin" part? Thoughts & recommends?
JR

anyone using titanium or alum coated EM's without coolant out there? very interested to see how that plays out, especially with thin parts and resulting (if any) warping.
thoughts/recommends?
thanks
doug

I use TiAlN coated endmills all the time with no coolant in steels, 1018crs to 4340pht.
On thin parts you may want coolant if the heat will warp your part though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back