What's new
What's new

ot: Login issues.

lazz

Stainless
This is not a complaint as much as a bug report... I think...

My issue is login failure.

I have tried this from 2 phones, 2 desktop computers and a laptop. The phones will not login at all.
My wifes laptop didnt login with chrome or firefox. The garage computer with firefox will not login. The last computer will. Until the upgrade all the stuff did a login with out problem.

The one computer that works when on the home screen has the option to login. When I click the forum and the search-> search forum discussion button It shows the welcome lazz in the upper right with a logout option. All the other buttons shows help / forum login / register options in the upper right.

So what am I missing or doing wrong?

When I login, the pop-out window hasn't worked since the change. Tells me my login info is wrong, brings be to the advanced screen and it works fine.

Just bugs from the change, should be alright in a bit once their worked out.

When I login, the pop-out window hasn't worked since the change. Tells me my login info is wrong, brings be to the advanced screen and it works fine.

Yep same problem here....

Should have never happened. I know high school kids who test their code better than that.

When I'm on the home page, I just have the box that says "Forum Login", but as soon as I enter a thread or forum I see my registered name.

I had problem a couple nights ago. site requested my name and password. there was no other choices to open home page. It rejected my login. All things back to normal now

If anyone's still fighting this, I was able to log in by attempting to reply to a thread (which was prevented) but that denial screen offered me a log-in option. Logged in, all was well. Just growing pains, I imagine.

Folks having issues with font size and contrast can look at "view" (wherever it is in your browser) and look for Zoom in, and choose "text only". That should help a bit -- although I've noticed that the boxes/areas in which some text resides don't always zoom as much as the text does.

Also, the Accessibility options page of your browser may give you ways to adjust type size, color, and background/contrast settings that all browsers are supposed to obey.
Worth a look.

The Accessibility options are also available on iProducts, and probably other reasonably intelligent devices.

Chip

An easy way to login before this is fixed is to click on a member's name and you will get a popup that works.

Create a favorite/bookmark to http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/members/milacron/ and you will get a login box if you not already logged in.

Logon problem appears to have been fixed.....now works for me like the pre-upgrade logon.

Now if we could fix the picture navigation problem....

Now clicking the log in button sends Me from the home page to the forum page, click again log in block appears???
Font is still Painfully Small.. Hard to Read, on a glaring white background..

I just tried to login running Internet Explorer v11 under Windows 7/64. Clicking the 'FORUM LOGIN' button produces no change to the screen (i.e. no login window). IE settings 'TOOLS' and 'SAFETY' are in use. My workaround is to access Practical Machinist using Google Chrome browser.

David Merrill

Back