What's new
What's new

OT: American manufacturer of the highest quality white cotton T-Shirt ?

Spud

Diamond
American made Plain white cotton T-Shirt.

No logos, no designs.
Outerwear so must be thick enough.
Stand up well to hot water washing, agitator washing machines, bleach.

The best quality, most comfortable.

---
And in a related note, anyone have links to how high quality cotton t-shirts are made? Does not have to be mass production.

Lots of luck.

Even my Carhartt colored T's are made in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. They are heavy cotton and made well but it's upsetting that they can't be made in the USA.

Bernard

Guys, you might want to take a look at how the American Apparel shirts fit before getting excited. If you're 50 with a beer gut, they don't make a shirt for you.

Guys, you might want to take a look at how the American Apparel shirts fit before getting excited. If you're 50 with a beer gut, they don't make a shirt for you.
I saw where their sizes stop, I wear a 2x but they do not have a shirt for probably more than half of my 600+ coworkers. I wonder how many of their own employees they make a shirt for ?? Or are they the outfit infamous for hiring a lot of illegal aliens ?

Bill

American made Plain white cotton T-Shirt.

---
And in a related note, anyone have links to how high quality cotton t-shirts are made? Does not have to be mass production.

Well I have to say I was surprised to find out that there are T shirts made in America still. I just placed an order with Jensen Apparel. It will be interesting to see how their quality compares to the Carhartts I've been wearing. The Jensen shirts measure the same per size as the Carhartts per their buying guide online.

Note on Edit: They also cost less than the Carhartts.

They also have a nice video of the factory and their shirts being made.

Bernard

Since you have (apparently) roots into the sub-continent, you might want to consider Switcher. They are first quality and rather politically correct.

re: switcher cotton india prem - Google Search

SWITCHER - HOME <== Says Swiss but really Indian.

Many years ago I wanted to sell a very smal numeber/limited run of T-Shirt with custom designs. I don't expect to make money, just wanted to do it for fun. I know there are companies out there that will print one's design on a blank T-Shirt. One requirement is American made.

The problem is you are asking for several things that you won't find in one shirt. 'Best' is very hard to define. Right off the bat, it is unlikely that the most comfortable shirt will also be the most durable. Carharrt shirts are durable - mine have lasted years - but they should since I never wear them because they are very uncomfortable.

WalMart was selling Faded Glory 'organic cotton' shirts for a while that were, IMO, very durable and comfortable once they had 10 washes or so on them. I don't recall where they were made but it wasn't China.

Carharrt shirts are durable - mine have lasted years - but they should since I never wear them because they are very uncomfortable.

Not sure what you are looking for as far as comfort but I find them to be perfect for me. The important thing is they are heavy weight material and wash well not shrinking up or becoming distorted after a while.

They also are long enough to stay tucked in and the sleeves are loose fitting and don't try to strangle my arm pits.

I have a few of other brands that I don't wear much because I don't like them as well.

I'm sure it's all a matter of personnel preference for each of us but that's my spin on it.

Bernard

plenty of American t shirt manufacturers still, Alternative apparel has a few US lines as well as American app. and All American clothing co., and there are plenty more with every fit and finish you can imagine, and not all of them are skinny boy fashion shirts that cost an arm and a leg either. problem is with scourges on society, er um i mean big box places like walmart selling shirts for 3 or 4 bucks a piece no American manufacturers can compete for the average joe's buck.
After all how do you explain to a guy that the $40 t shirt or the $200 jeans will last 20 times as long as his made in Mexico or China shit clothing that leaches dye on the couch, fits about as well as a cardboard box and most disappointing of all, falls apart after a few washes.
That said, there is a groundswell of people, myself included, who go WAY out of their way to buy American made clothing whenever possible. Jeans for instance, sewn and produced here with Japanese or US denim fit, look and feel much better than shitty Guatemalan made wal mart pants and they don't fall apart after one season. I typically buy one pair of jeans every 2 or 3 years and wear them every day until they are falling apart, upon which time the store you purchased from will repair them for a small fee or no charge. They can repair holes and tears as they have the ability to remake fabric where it is worn through even, good luck getting wal mart to do that for you. Pay the money and get something that will last, will look great and will give you a sense of pride.
duty now for the future if you will.

I have a very nice American T-shirt, worn many times and getting a little rough around the collar. The brand is SweatX and i just went to their website, but was redirected to this one: SweatX - Clothes with a Conscience | EthixMerch

It was interesting to read about the company and its demise.

The website has links to places still in business, making T-shirts in the USA. Apparel Suppliers | EthixMerch

Here is a price list for T-shirts, listing maker, weight, color and other details, like USA made. Note that you just leave the printing options at 0 to get the plain shirt prices.
American Made Clothing and Products | Ethix Merch

Larry

Carhartt shirts have zero give to them. A good cotton should have some stretch to it - not like Spandex, but also not like cardboard.

Spud: I buy the type of shirts you refer to locally. The company's name and address is American Advertising , 204 South Third st., Boonville, In., 47601. Phone number is 812-897-8806. Most of their business is advertising, but they sell me plain white cotton shirts in 2X that are dense and well made. The last dozen I bought, cost about $14.00 apiece. their shirts are made in America by members of the Workers United - local #1148 of U.S.A. components.
I have bought them for about 15 years and no complaints. (Disclaimer) I have no connections to them in any capacity.

JH

Back