What's new
What's new

OT maybe: Looking for source for phenolic foam insulation panel

specfab

Titanium
I have an instrumentation application where I would like to have the option of using phenolic foam insulation in panel form. Does anyone have a lead on where I will find this material in the US? I have gotten the impression that this material is simply unavailable domestically, I assume as a consequence of the issues in the early 90's with metal roofing, water infiltration, and consequent corrosion (and the consequent lawsuits).

Any leads will be appreciated. Thanks --

Thanks for the inputs. I did indeed Google it in many forms. Kingspan is (I believe) an Irish mfr., and is well represented in Europe and Asia, from what I have seen. Kooltherm is indeed a rigid phenolic board, but minimum thickness is ~30mm, so I more or less moved on from them last week. I have an inquiry in already with GIC, although they seem slow to respond. I'll see what transpires there. My hope is to find the material in rigid sheets that can tolerate either machining to about 5mm thickness, or something at about that dimension already. I contacted an ITW rep last week, and got a couple of leads, but not a great sense of confidence after talking to them.

I looked for the stuff on McMaster's site, and I must have added some other qualifier to my search, because I never saw the item mentioned by Gustafson. I'll look further into that.

Back