OT-Milicon, are you OK? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milacron - did I miss a thread about your wife passing or did you just keep it private? In any case, I am very sorry for your loss and very glad you made it through Irma as easily as you did.

2. Likes digger doug, motion guru, Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    Milacron - did I miss a thread about your wife passing or did you just keep it private? In any case, I am very sorry for your loss and very glad you made it through Irma as easily as you did.
    No thread about it but I've basically been in mourning for a year once all efforts with immunotherapy at Duke and MUSC Charleston had been tried and failed. She died of Stage 4 cancer July 30. The worst part was the last three weeks....no one warned me that liver tumors then cause jaundice which gradually allows for poisoning of the mind...a gradual problem with memory, then difficulty in speaking and walking, then continuous bed, then coma, all at home and help from her two brothers, my son and hospice but still a horrible thing to go thru. She was my only wife...36 years, She was only 62.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good Lord that sounds awful. I've been with my wife 30 years, I couldn't imagine losing her.

5. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milacron, Very sad news, thinking of you.

7. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
    Milacron, Very sad news, thinking of you.
    Thanks. To drastically change the subject as I have no clue how old you are, you didn't by chance know Burt Monroe ? (The Worlds Fastest Indian)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milacron, I am so sorry for your loss. Christine and I celebrated 60 years together earlier this year, and I cannot comprehend what you went through. As to the U.K. bit, we have a friend in Wales and have visited his place at Tregenon (spelling?) near Newtown. He lives in a village which was originally part of a large estate. His address is The Smithy, since the old timber framed blacksmith shop is on site. Of all the places I have visited, Inland Wales Is my choice if I could live overseas for a while. If it were not for the complications brought on by my need for dialysis, we would attempt to try to live there for a year or two.

I corresponded with you a few years ago, supplied you with a copy of the Harrison 10AA manual, and discussed cameras. I had met you years earlier at a Charlotte show when you were marketing the drill rigs. Your equipment would have saved time on an automated mill, but the boss was hung up with having all operations done on the new machinery. I went near your place many times when we were Florida snowbirds, but never arranged to stop in. We evacuated from the Melbourne area to escape Irma, but our house in Grant only lost a few shingle tabs. We are staying with a son in Edgefield, SC. The red clay in the road cuts and the old parts of Aiken reinforced how much we are missing South Carolina.

10. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Thanks. To drastically change the subject as I have no clue how old you are, you didn't by chance know Burt Monroe ? (The Worlds Fastest Indian)
    No I didn't know him. I first heard about him in the 1970's just after leaving school, I think in an article in the New Zealand Hot Rod magazine. I guess I was too young to catch his best years (he died in 1977, the year I left school). My guess is that he was not well known by the general public, but was by the motorcycle fraternity in NZ. For example, I knew a guy who used to do beach racing, he saw Burt regularly in those races, I suppose in the 1960's and 1970's. Burt also lived right at the bottom of the country, a fairly remote place to me. I bet he was well-known in that part of the country. I must admit I thought he was a bit crazy, but after seeing the film and reading about him, I admire him a lot more. All Motorsport is pretty daft when you think about it, so why not stick with your 1920 Scout....
    Last edited by Peter S; 09-13-2017 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Correcting dates.

12. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No thread about it but I've basically been in mourning for a year once all efforts with immunotherapy at Duke and MUSC Charleston had been tried and failed. She died of Stage 4 cancer July 30. The worst part was the last three weeks....no one warned me that liver tumors then cause jaundice which gradually allows for poisoning of the mind...a gradual problem with memory, then difficulty in speaking and walking, then continuous bed, then coma, all at home and help from her two brothers, my son and hospice but still a horrible thing to go thru. She was my only wife...36 years, She was only 62.
    I'm truly sorry for your loss. Thirty six years together, your only wife, and only 62 years old - what a tremendous blow. Very sorry.

14. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milacron, there are no words to convey my sadness.

Tom

16. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for your loss, Milacron. I watched both of my parents go through a slow miserable death and it's a terrible thing to witness. At that point, dying brings relief to everyone.

18. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My condolences as well. Lost my elderly mother a month earlier, but she was ready to go, and did not linger long. Your situation was far more difficult, and you have my sympathies.

Chip

20. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am most sorry to hear that Milacron, my sincere condolences, ...........like others before me in this thread I watched both my parents go through a long process, .......what it was like for a life partner, I can not begin to imagine.

Sami.

22. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milacron, so, so sorry to hear of your loss. It is painful to see a loved one suffer - and it is even harder when that loved one is no longer able to be mentally alert. Prayers are with you ...

24. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks folks. I was talking with an old marina boat slip neighbor this morning and found out some hilarious shenanigans where the dock master was skimming off the top on transient fees and got fired.... which I suspected for a long time, but couldn't prove it.....so now I am no longer personna non grata there (long story...but basically it relates to his being FOS ) as they have a new dock master. To this I'm thinking for a micro second I can't wait to tell Karen about this as she will laugh so hard....but then realize there is no Karen to tell....ouch....

As an aside they got their marina office building flooded about 8 inches by the same high tide storm surge that hit my marina and he reported seeing a live jellyfish swimming in the office water....so must have been deep ocean water as we normally have zero jellyfish in this area. He was pulling up the ruined flooring as we spoke.

26. Likes Monarchist, eaglemike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Found out today I was making the lock operation more complicated than it actually is as it turns out there are no pumps all the water levels or from either of those sound or from the marina itself in other words if it's low tide the second gates are open to fill the lock to the marina level via the water from the marina !

This of course lowers the marina water but the volume is so large for the marina versus the lock it probably only lowers the water about an eighth of an inch

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry locked this thread by mistake, open now

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In after the lock.

Chip

30. Likes Yan Wo, Peter., Milacron, Adwcali liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

DID think you were being overly harsh wit' yerself...

Last two hurricanes not yet recovered from. More bad weather coming. This could become a regular feature, man-made or otherwise.

Mayhap we NEED a "check on the PM family & shops" feature to corral all that in its own sandbox?

32. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I noticed this thread was not locked anymore, strange I thought and I had a look. Only to find out about your wife, so very sorry for your loss. I can not possibly imagine how hard this has been for you. My condolences........

34. Likes Milacron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, ..I did wonder if it had got a bit much for you Milacron? ..hang on in there

36. Likes digger doug, Milacron, Greg White liked this post