What's new
What's new

"OT" Moderators message box is full

Redbean

Plastic
Ok, I had a thread closed asking for advice on a fc-30A vertical mill. I went to ask the moderator about it and there box had exceeded the limits. I also looked for a forum to just ask a question and the general forum seemed to be the closest.

I am a garage hack machinist who makes parts for my race bikes using a friends mill and lathe. Brackets, foot pegs, suspension linkages. Simple stuff and was hoping to get some advice on purchasing a mill of my own.

So any help on why my thread was locked and where I should post questions about advice on what to purchase would be great.

Your answer is here, near the top of the "General" post list. The site owner lists his rules so that he does not need to reply to requests about why he locks threads. He probably blocks messages for the same reason.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/machinery-discussion-guidelines-137724/

If you think the mill you asked about is not a cheap home shop product, then post a picture of it. That model number is not well known enough by itself to get you an answer to your original question.

Larry

Redbean,

Your thread was likely locked because Milacron (the moderator/site owner) considers Busy Bee to be a hobby-grade machine, which are prohibited here. I recommend that you read all of the stickies at the top of the General page before posting further. Also, Milacron's message box is nearly always full.

Back