What's new
What's new

OT: need Omniturn 12 foot long bar feder

Lost in LA

Cast Iron
I tried this in the Machinery forum and the Tooling forum without results.

I need a Omniturn pneumatic bar feeder for 12 foot bars.

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum.

Lost

I built one with 1.75" pipe and an elongated "plunger" thingy. Just put it all together, about 13' long, on some stands. Built Plunger big enough that it would react to compressed air from the back end, but loose fitting over all (Delrin® IIRC). Put a cap on the front end of the pipe with a hole for stock, smaller than the OD of the Plunger, and a lever valve for the air, Rock-N-Roll.

The Plunger had a Concave face, then tapered off the back to a point, OAL about 8". Might have had an O-Ring on the OD???

R

Any reason against hydraulic? Other than the fact they can be a bit messy at times the LNS Hydrobars are pretty much bulletproof and really simply designed

I built one with 1.75" pipe and an elongated "plunger" thingy. Just put it all together, about 13' long, on some stands. Built Plunger big enough that it would react to compressed air from the back end, but loose fitting over all (Delrin® IIRC). Put a cap on the front end of the pipe with a hole for stock, smaller than the OD of the Plunger, and a lever valve for the air, Rock-N-Roll.

The Plunger had a Concave face, then tapered off the back to a point, OAL about 8". Might have had an O-Ring on the OD???

R

BTDT and they work a treat, - I used a length of aluminium scaffold tube (about the same size as your 1 1/2'' sch 40 pipe) .take a tip - don't over think or engineer it keep things on the loose side - KISS is the watchword, ;)

A leather pump seal on the piston works great- McMaster-Carr has them. I have some new 110v air solenoids. If you want one, drop me a PM and you can have one for the shipping cost.

Back