What's new
What's new

OT- New 12" iPad has developed a crack in the glass - will warranty cover that ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
OT- New 12" iPad has developed a crack in the glass - will warranty cover that ?

When it is obvious it has never been dropped ? Had this one about 3 months now.

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Seems pretty well laid out here:

iPad Screen Damage - Official Apple Support

iPad Repair - Screen Damage[/h][FONT=&quot]Accidents happen. If your screen gets cracked, we can help.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Start a repair request
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][h=2]How long will it take?[/h]After you send in your iPad for service, you'll receive a replacement or your repaired iPad in three to five business days. A replacement iPad will be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. If your iPad was engraved by Apple, it could take up to two weeks.
[h=2]What does it cost?[/h]Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPad model and your AppleCare product coverage. Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.
[h=2]Have AppleCare+?[/h]AppleCare+ covers two incidents of accidental damage, each with a $49 service fee. You can also use our Express Replacement Service to get a replacement even before sending us your iPad. You can check if you have AppleCare+ by entering your iPad serial number.
[h=2]Out-of-warranty* cost:[/h]iPad mini, iPad mini 2: $199
iPad, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad 5th generation: $249
iPad 3rd generation, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2: $299
iPad Pro 9.7-inch: $379
iPad Pro 10.5-inch: $449
iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation): $599
Plus a $6.95 shipping fee. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax.
Note:*Accidental damage isn't covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.
Make sure you back up your iPad before you send it to Apple or bring it to an Apple Retail Store.

[/FONT]

Beyond the official line, Apple have probably the best reputation for customer friendly repair practices around.

If there are no dents around the edge, bends in the frame or impact marks on the screen then take it into an apple store. Show them that there has been no mistreatment to cause the crack, there's a good chance they might accept a manufacturing flaw and replace for free or for a small service charge.

Beyond the official line, Apple have probably the best reputation for customer friendly repair practices around.

If there are no dents around the edge, bends in the frame or impact marks on the screen then take it into an apple store. Show them that there has been no mistreatment to cause the crack, there's a good chance they might accept a manufacturing flaw and replace for free or for a small service charge.

That would be my first approach, be nice and see what happens .........my old Mum had a saying ''you catch more flies with honey than vinegar''

If they say no, you can replace the glass yourself, at least on the phones it is pretty easy, I replaced the battery on my iphone 6 and will open it again to to the screen as I have since cracked it.

youtube videos, while annoying, show the process

Back