What's new
What's new

Kurt D675 Discontinued?

machfab

Aluminum
I was told by my supplier that Kurt has discontinued the D675 vise and replaced it w/ a D690 model and price was $690.00:eek:

Hmmm, thanks for the link :)

I wonder if, over time, the discounts we have seen on the D675 will get extended to the D688 (D690?). You could get a pretty sweet deal on the D675.

EDIT: I think Enco still has the D675 for $409. That might include shipping already.

Kurt D675

Gentlemen,

It is true that we have discontinued the D675 in favor of the D688. The D688 has more features and clamping forces. The keyway to stationary distance is exactly the same so the D675 & D688 can be mounted side by side on the machine table. You can find a sheet that compares the two models on our web site New Title: Workholding and Vise Brochures - Kurt Workholding.

During good times we sell more D688's and in slower times we sell more D675's, however the volume is about the same. Our thought is to put all of the volume in the D688 which will help us realize some cost savings. The list price of the D688 is being lowered by 8% and will be about 7% higher than the current D675 list price.

We feel we can give you a better vise for just a little more money , $36.20. Previously the D688 was about $80.00 more than the D675.

I hope this answers your concerns. If you have any further questions I can be reached at:

Tel: 877.226.7823 ext 4631
e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you!
Steve Kane-Global Sales & Marketing Manager, Kurt Industrial Products

Thanks Steve,

I just wonder a bit if the retailers are actually going to lower the sales price, or just take your discount and not pass it on to the end user? I'm sure some will try it. Prices already do vary quite a bit between certain tool suppliers and countries as well. Last time I checked here I think the 688 was about $200 more than the 675.

The actual announcement will be in August in a press release. We are making it known the price is dropping so distributors cannot play that game. We want our customers to get a fair deal on these.

OK Steve, so do us a favor and post the "manufacturer's suggested list price" of both vises. This would allow us to see if a distributor is gouging or see if one is giving a true bargain that should not be passed up.

Pioneer Tool Supply near me is a stocking distributor, so I'm going to be calling to see if I can get one of those old, obsolete, nearly-useless D675's off their shelves for a fire sale price. ;)

I just want to know if that price is anywhere near the MSRP.

The current list prices are as follows:
D675 $487.80
D688 $568.90

The new list price for the D688 is $524.00 effective 8.1.2011. We have had to phase in the new price so as not to de-value the current distributors invemntory of the D688's.

Pioneer is a strong distributor for Kurt and does carry inventory.

Good Luck and thank you!

Thanks Steve.

I like the guys and gals at Pioneer Tool Supply, but am going to miss arguing with Buck Upson (mostly retired now.) His nephew doesn't have nearly the same sense of humor. ;)

Back