What's new
What's new

Good DRO for $500???

Gmwilly

Plastic
I am in the market for a DRO for my Bridgeport Mill I just purchased but funds are limited since I spent it all on the Mill so I have about $500 to spend and would like to know if anyone has some suggestions.
Thanks

Mitutoyo makes DRO packages based on the same technology as their digital calipers but use 120VAC. They have resolution to .0005" and are probably as good as you really can use on a BP. I have one on my PAL and it's been working fine for quite a few years. It does X & Y - Z is handled by a battery-powered Mitu quill kit. MSC used to run specials on the mill package, I think for less than $500, but I can't remember for sure and haven't seen one lately.

I have a DRO Pros unit on my Bridgeport clone and I've been happy with it although they are looking to be around the 600$ mark.

I am in the market for a DRO for my Bridgeport Mill I just purchased but funds are limited since I spent it all on the Mill so I have about $500 to spend and would like to know if anyone has some suggestions.
Thanks
Either look at good used or wait until you have more money to get a proper new Acu-rite, Fagor, Newall, Sony, Mitutoyo or Heidenhain DRO.

Back