What's new
What's new

OT: Schaeffer oil products---your opinion please?

stuball48

Stainless
My brother and nephew roll 12-15 hundred round bales of hay each summer and use Schaeffer oil products on the hay mowers and much of their farm equipment. They, also, us it on their personal vehicles when they change oil. Change oil every 6,000 miles.
One product they use on the cogs and gears of their baler prevents dust from sticking to these parts. I mean you can spray it on a shop rag---drop the rag on a dusty floor---put your foot on it and grind it in---pick it up and no dust. Have any of you use Shaeffer products and if so, what do you think?

I Have been using Schaefer products for about 20 years now in a marine Diesel with extended oil changes and it seemed like when I first switched from Dello, I got a little better fuel consumption. Their hydraulic oil seems to run quieter and cooler, and I also use their grease. Also use their way oil that I get from a friend with a big machine shop and he has evaluated it a lot better than myself and raves about it, especially the fact it has molly in the formula. No expert myself but seems like a good product.

We used Schaefer grease at work for a while. I don't remember which types. The yellow stuff was great for joint pins and sliding joints but not so great for bearings. With heat it seemed like it would get hard and not be drawn back into the bearing This was a parafin based and extremely waterproof. I know they made other types though. The company was always trying to find one grease for all and trying to idiot proof the system.

Jim:
I was thinking about using their way oil as I will buy another gallon within the next year. Tell me a little more of what you think of their way oil.
Thank you

Jim:
I was thinking about using their way oil as I will buy another gallon within the next year. Tell me a little more of what you think of their way oil.
Thank you

Got it in a Romi M20 flat bed cnc lathe. Rep came by and left us 5 gallons to try. Different color, but seems to work as well as the other stuff we were using. I'll have to watch it a while to see any difference.

I can't give you much of a comparison as I only have a couple of manual machines and thats about all I have ever used and seems to work good. I just trust my mentor and he swears by it.

Anybody got a gallon you would sell? The represenative I know will, only, sell it five gallons at a time. I would love to try it but will not ever use five gallon. Curious to see if it is as good as their other oil products?

We use their Citrol cleaner by the case in one of our labs, its about the only stuff that'll cut the asphalt and it works fantastic. We don't use any of their oil though.

Positive reports seem to rule about Schaeffer products - if I don't find any, I might buy the five gallon and then sell four gallon to locals---not ready to that, just, yet.

Schaeffer oil is hands down the best stuff I have ever tried. I use their 9000 series 5W-40 oil in my diesel pickup along with their gear oil, trans fluid, grease as well as fuel antigel and lubricity additives. Also use their heat transfer oil, wire rope lubricant, degreaser and penetrating lubricant. All excellent products produced by a good company. The only downside is that everything must be purchased in bulk ie a whole case of grease vs a couple tubes or 5gal of gear oil instead of a gallon. You may find a dealer who will sell you a small amount of product but I haven't come across one yet. I found the best prices from Specialized Lubricants out of IL, they're a big Schaeffers dealer. Orders over $350 ship free.

Back