What's new
What's new

Where to get end mill boxes/tubes?

elninio

Cast Iron
I'm not interested in rolling tool chests or end mill paddles, I'm interested in the little boxes. I bought quite a few endmills from a retiring friend, and he didn't have the boxes for them. Do these have a common name, so its easier to google for?
Free-shipping-Carbide-Square-End-Mill-3-flutes-D8mm-HRC55-With-coating-CNC-font-b-Tools.jpg

I had some parts to send out that fit into drill bit box's from Cleveland twist drill....i called ctd and they sent me a 100 of them for under 30 bucks shipped....figure out how many you need and give a few manufacturers a call....

By drill bit boxes i mean the 2pc telescoping red ones that are about 1" x 1" x 5"

If it is simply protection you're after, and you are not wedded to the idea of using 2-piece rigid boxes, you might want to consider tool sleeving. Flexible, easily cut to length, comes in various diameters (color coded), takes up no extra storage space, provides excellent protection of sharp edges. It is a tubular plastic (polyehtylene probably) mesh, and each nominal sleeve diameter can expand a reasonable amount to snugly fit and protect endmills, drills, etc. of varying larger diameters. I also use it to protect other types of shop stuff, such as my large pin gauges. I no longer trade with MSC, but here is their link for it. Protective Mesh Sleeving | MSCDirect.com

If it is simply protection you're after, and you are not wedded to the idea of using 2-piece rigid boxes, you might want to consider tool sleeving. Flexible, easily cut to length, comes in various diameters (color coded), takes up no extra storage space, provides excellent protection of sharp edges. It is a tubular plastic (polyehtylene probably) mesh, and each nominal sleeve diameter can expand a reasonable amount to snugly fit and protect endmills, drills, etc. of varying larger diameters. I also use it to protect other types of shop stuff, such as my large pin gauges. I no longer trade with MSC, but here is their link for it. Protective Mesh Sleeving | MSCDirect.com

As an added bonus, it works well as a Chinese finger trap :eek::banghead::D

Tool sleeves are great, I like the little plastic tubes that have the little rubber cup ends. I think that stuff is made from the same stuff plier and wrench handles are coated with, which can be bought. I don't know where to get it though, nor cups or tubes. I have some for electronics, it holds wires together, not the shrink stuff. The problem is the tool sleeves used for tool is much softer, whereas my stuff allows the bits to slip out! Is none of this stuff on ebay though?

Hi,

Mcmaster has many different types of plastic " tubes ". I use the spiral twist type for shipping some parts, different ID's and length is adjustable.

Back