Bill D is offline Titanium

Default OT: source for big bungee cords, like for jumping

My nephew asked me to look for a big bungeee cord or a source for smaller ones to link together. Plan is to use it like a slingshot and shoot him on a skim board onto the surf zone. I figure rubber tubing might work or tied together bicycle inner tubes.
    I would think a real bungee jump cord would take too much force to stretch far and have too short a pull. OIf course they must cost a lot due to insurance etc.
    maybe rockets would be more fun or, a big pogo stick. how about a pile driver on its side?
    Bill D.

PackardV8 is offline Cast Iron

Your nephew is an idea man. Real bungee cords are made up of hundreds of smaller rubber cords and are very expensive. If you can find a medical surplus store and buy many feet of surgical rubber tubing, that would be the most cost effective way to get a combination of strength and elasticity.

thnx, jack vines

winchman is offline Stainless

If you anchored a pulley offshore, you could use a winch to tow him out on the surf zone. A retriever could be used to pull the winch line back to shore for the next tow. The winch looks like this:

It's much like this winch I built for launching RC sailplanes, but the larger line would require a larger drum:

Roger

gnorbury is offline Hot Rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Plan is to use it like a slingshot and shoot him on a skim board onto the surf zone.
    ...maybe rockets would be more fun or, a big pogo stick. how about a pile driver on its side?
    Sounds like a candidate for the next Darwin award.

Sparkz is offline Plastic

/Lurk mode off

So my first post here will be OT, but you have to see this: http://video.feber.se/art/8419/slangbelletjej/

/Joel A