What's new
What's new

Good luck you folks on the right coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrest Addy

Diamond
Hope you don't get your butts blown out to sea. If you do save stuff that floats.

I been in Pacific typhoons one that hammered Guam for two days. They are not a fun experience. No lights, no water once the gravity feed from tanks up the hill petered out. No nothing but grit your teeth and eat what cold food you can find.

That experience was forty plus years ago but the memories are still vivid. Anyway I'm safe on the left coast (earthquakes) but my thoughts will be with you.

I spent most of my life in the Gulf Coast area. What worries me is that people in this area may not take it seriously and that the resources to recover just ain't there.

Thanks Forrest.

I have been prepping the past few days so me and mine should be OK.

If my home gets damaged and soaked about the only things salvageable will be the pots and pans. Everything else will go in a dumpster. The insurance is paid up.

If work gets trashed I will still get a paycheck (I work for the state of NJ) and we have a steel building that should do OK. No windows in my areas. Not too close to the coast.

What is really gonna suck is all the trees falling down on all the power lines. That is going to take days, and for some people weeks, to get fixed. Perhaps on of these days the powers that be will WTFU and start putting power lines under ground like the rest of the first world.

-DU-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back