What's new
What's new

Padovani Labor 200s

Steveh101

Plastic
Hi Guy's, Just joined forum as looking for some help with a project I have on going. I work for a rail company in the UK and have resurrected a Padovani Labor 200s lathe which has sat idle for over 25yrs. I now have it all up and running and cleaned up. The problem I now have is that somewhere down the line it has been cleaned with solvents so the front panels now have no details on them. At the moment it is guess work and have no real idea of speeds and feeds yet alone what gears to select! does anyone have this lathe? or the 180s? Could anyone tell me where I could get the info or someone post a photo so I can have the plates or decals made up? It seems a shame to have spent hours bringing her back to life not to be able to use it to its full potential.

Any help or advice greatfully received

Steve

Welcome aboard, .that's a new one on me Steve, ......but I once owned an oddball no body had ever heard of.

There was quite a bit of badge engineering (a make sold under another name) so if you post some pics you might get lucky with someone saying ''it's a XXXX''

Have you checked Lathes.CO.UK for a match? http://lathes.co.uk/ ( I checked and Padovani wasn't listed so it'll be a long slog though em all. :D )

That is a Twainese lathe sold under various badges. Time Saver is one I'm familar with but there are a ton more.

You should be able to find some good pictures around the web to help you out if you do web searches of Twain lathes.

Any idea's anyone? Did a search on here and there has been talk of the lathe in question but can't seem to contact anyone for info.

How would or could I find out if this lathe has been sold under any other brands? Its so frustrating when there are a lot of pictures with the details there but just cant read them enough to copy!

Brilliant news for me. A lathe parts company from Germany sent me an email with a pdf drawing of front panel information. Perseverence pays off. Thanks for all your input guys. Brilliant forum and will hanging around. If anyone else needs the info please pm me.

Steve.

Back