What's new
What's new

Perske Motor bearings

speedrider

Aluminum
Has anyone ever replaced spindle bearings in a high speed CNC router spindle of a Perske motor?
Is it hard to do?
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Has anyone ever replaced spindle bearings in a high speed CNC router spindle of a Perske motor?
Is it hard to do?
Any suggestions?

Thank you.

We have three 3Hp Perske motors and I am curious about the quantity of hours that you have on yours which indicate they require new bearings?

Raymond

We have three 3Hp Perske motors and I am curious about the quantity of hours that you have on yours which indicate they require new bearings?

Raymond

This is a 7 HP motor and there are 2 grease fittings on this unit. The upper one was probably never greased, because it was hidded behind a big cable. I suppose it would still be fine if it had been used. I believe they had this machine for about 10 years.
The reason I think it needs new bearing is because it makes a kind of groaning noise when running, and if you turn the spindle by hand, it has that gritty feeling. And it seems to chatter alot.

I've had them apart before, and replaced bearings....

The fittings may or may not have anything under them. The last one I did, I had to replace the upper motor bearing. Kind of a pain, glad I didn't have to go farther.

I found that the bearings were all sealed, and the oil/grease channels led nowhere.

We use it for driving a temporary test jig for unrelated equipment (high speed generators), so we got a bearing from McMaster and stuck it in...... we are not putting many hours on it, and not using it for routing..

Ours was an older one, and it did NOT come apart as I had expected...... I had to pull the little fan assembly, and the parts as they came off were NOT what I expected.... But we had no info, and neither Perske nor their agent ever even acknowledged our questions.

Back