What's new
What's new

pipe belt grinding homemade

barbeirorp

Aluminum
hello people

i start a new project in my shop
its a pipe grinding sander

its use a belt grind .. and a car polish chinese oringins ....

pictures of the job if i made

Attachments

• 2013-08-16 08.17.39.jpg
    2013-08-16 08.17.39.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 5,495
  • 2013-08-17 11.04.14.jpg
    2013-08-17 11.04.14.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3,702
  • 2013-08-17 11.04.19.jpg
    2013-08-17 11.04.19.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 18,252
  • 2013-08-17 11.04.32.jpg
    2013-08-17 11.04.32.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 14,245
barbeirorp,

It's very nice seeing your projects materialize and turn into reality. Thanks for sharing these photos. Do you do a lot of pipe fitting?

i make much handlebars... for motorcycles..

i make a polish stand.. but , the ape hangers handlebars its a very dificculty to polish and buffing ... i decide a make the pipe grinder to aux in the jobs

the machine its done !

the body of aluminium , i cut on morning ... and done now .

the bearings its a 10.0000rpm or more ... and the some parts its a machined from scrath ... . i run in the monday , after buy the belt in the forniture.

its very important to use a car polish but its a lower rotation ( aprox 1000 ~3000 rpm) . the other grinding eletrical tool its a 12.000 rpm. the belt velocity its over and damage , "pum" blow

The last time I had a 4" grinder go bad I bought one of these to replace it: MAKITA Industrial Power Tools - Tool Details - 9031

I've been very happy with it and use it for even more than I figured I would. A design feature that's really useful is how the nose wheel handle has a pivoting arm. This allows you to get the nose into places the handle would otherwise interfere with.

very nice. been wanting to build one of those for a long time..you've given me much inspiration!

its a very simple to make it . i am , use a 7 hour of the job to make. the bearings lower cost and the polish car machine its lower cost... in brazil, the machine of the metabo cost a r$ 2750,00 ( coin of the brazil) i buy the polish with R$230 and the material R$40.

its a very simple to make it . i am , use a 7 hour of the job to make. the bearings lower cost and the polish car machine its lower cost... in brazil, the machine of the metabo cost a r$ 2750,00 ( coin of the brazil) i buy the polish with R$230 and the material R$40.

but , im my shop its present Lathe, a two mill machines ( one cap bed and other combined universal + turret mill bridsport style with dro ) and bandsaw, mig and tig weld...
the resources many .. :)

When I first read this, I was thinking "angle grinder"= "that's awful fast", but as I went back over it I deduce that it is a low speed buffing "machine" for buffing paint on cars.

What would make an angle grinder usable would be an adjustable speed trigger.

I think you did a good job.

When I first read this, I was thinking "angle grinder"= "that's awful fast", but as I went back over it I deduce that it is a low speed buffing "machine" for buffing paint on cars.

What would make an angle grinder usable would be an adjustable speed trigger.

I think you did a good job.

yes... buffing paint cars machine.. the rpm its variable if 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm. the angle grinder machines its 10.000 or more.

if one was so inclined one of those variable speed 'polishers' from NT or HF would surely work as a cheap donor.
I have 2 of those HF 7" hook and loop ones and although not very powerful at lower speeds i use them regularly for pre polishing tube and what not.

Back