What's new
What's new

Plastic pellet source

friesen

Cast Iron
I recently bought a small vertical injection machine made by gluco, the PM-18.

I have been looking around for plastic, its not so easily found, at least stuff that I know where it came from, and in small quantities.

I am looking for white PET, as well as some other plastics.

Does anyone have a some recommendations where to buy? Somewhere I won't get irritated at for buying 25-50 lb?

I have been looking around for plastic, its not so easily found, at least stuff that I know where it came from, and in small quantities.

Does anyone have a some recommendations where to buy? Somewhere I won't get irritated at for buying 25-50 lb?

PET Plastic Pellets Resin 13 lbs. | eBay
You could call a local injection molder, if you talked to the right person they might give away that small of quantities.
Ask if you could purchase unneeded leftover resin from samples or raw material inventory from jobs that went away.
Contact SPE, Society of Plastic Engineers, here is a link to find an Indiana chapter- http://www.4spe.org/Communities/SectionList.aspx?selectedState=IN

They might be able to help.

I looked at that on ebay, and it says "I don’t know the color after heating."

So they don't know where it comes from, apparently.

Chase Plastics has been my go-to for years. They have a warehouse in South Bend, but will ship single 55kg. bags via UPS (in a nice custom box). Of course, the per pound price on a single bag is going to HURT, but at least you know what you are getting.

Home - Chase Plastics

Dennis

I've bought various forms of polyethylene from Lyondell (Equistar) before, usually in 50-lb sacks. Looks like they sell or make a wide variety of plastics for injection.

LyondellBasell Industries | LyondellBasell

Back