What's new
What's new

Plaza Machinery - Bethel Vermont

chrisfournier

Aluminum
I sent a bank draft to Joe at Plaza and it arrived earlier this month. I have not been able to contact Joe since we agreed to the sale. I have bought from Joe once before and I was happy with the product and service.

Does anyone know if Plaza shuts down for holidays etc. at this time of year?

He no longer takes phone calls. Due to some health problems and other various issued he now bills himself as "semi-retired". Email is usually the best way to contact him. He always gets back to me pretty quickly.
Andy

He has leukemia (sp?) and is down periodically. He prefers contact via fax of all things. He'll take care of you, just might be a little slow depending on circumstances
Jim

Thanks for your feedback guys. I am a Nervous Nelly when a decent sum of money is in the wind. Joe was exemplary when I last dealt with him; that's why I was concerned about the lack of contact this time around. I certainly hope that his health is OK or that he is on the mend.

I will update this topic when I get word from Joe.

Chris

Not only that, but if he got the heavy snow there, with the road he's on, he is probably still trying to dig out. It's a real back road.
You can depend that he'll get you your item asap.

Bill

"It's a real back road."

Indeed, it kind of is, and I wish there were more of them and I wish they were even more back roady--that is, less travelled.

I've only visited the place once, about a year ago, and enjoyed meeting Joe Bergamo, who, indeed, talked about disease in his family (if I remember correctly--and my memory is bad--both he and a son have similar serious illnesses), especially becasue I could easily empathize, as I told him, as my wife had died young a number of years ago, of leukemia.

I mean to go back again, of course.

That day I visited there, it may have been a January day, and we had had a light winter, not much real problem with weather. I live an hour away or so, and over a mountain. The forecast that day called for light rain and near freezing temperatures so I figured I might have some difficulty but the black topped roads from here to about a mile from his place had no ice. I was pleasantly surprised to find this so and was just as unpleasantly surprised, almost as soon as I got onto his gravel topped road, to find myself first on sheet ice and second totally out of control and sliding sideways and backwards rather fast I thought, with the cold and somber looking White River not too far away down a steep slope on my left (which was becoming my right as I spun). I fought that pickup truck and--probably not thanks to me--got out of the problem by just missing a deep culvert on the other side of the road and sliding into a stubble corn field filled with snow: no damage to me, no damage to the truck. I got out, put the hubs in, and drove out of the field, and decided I wouldn't stay too long at Joe's.

No adventure on the way home though.

The road is called the Peavine Road for a little railroad that used to run--maybe still does but I don't think so--there.

Northernsinger

I corresponded with him yesterday, he stated business has been crazy recently, and he's just trying to keep up with everyone. I checked his most recent inventory and quite a few machines have been sold since I last checked a month ago. I can only imagine the difficulty of trying to manage freight and shipments in the weather, I've personally had a few parts delayed up to a week recently from that region.

I sent a bank draft to Joe at Plaza and it arrived earlier this month. I have not been able to contact Joe since we agreed to the sale. I have bought from Joe once before and I was happy with the product and service.

Does anyone know if Plaza shuts down for holidays etc. at this time of year?

JOE BERGAMO is SOLID GOLD,and good for his word,and i have made many purchases from him!
LEE RUSS

JOE BERGAMO is SOLID GOLD,and good for his word,and i have made many purchases from him!
LEE RUSS
But like any of us, could be dead tomorrow...or five minutes from now...and not responding for that reason....thus the 7 year old thread was justified.

LEE RUSS
I call BS on that.
I bought two machine tools from him. The first one was a good deal. The second one I had a terrible time with him. He said the table had no marks on it and it did. He said it was as new in appearance, it was repainted. I talked to him about it and he attacked me as I was the bad guy.
I know about him now. If I was in the area and could inspect in person you probably would be alright. I wasn't and got what I deserved by not inspecting in person.
I don't know if he's dead or not. But responded to the good as gold remark.
Jerry

I was satisfied with the dealing I had with Joe. Just read the above posts, subtract the bad from the good and draw your own conclusion.

steveC is correct. Draw your own conclusion. I won't ever buy something without inspecting in person or have right of return. The cost of returning it would figure in my decision.
Jerry

I had several dealings with Joe (Plaza Machinery) without any problems or issues. A little slow to respond to emails but I received the items I bought which were well packed and accurately described. I would have no hesitation purchasing from him again.

Back