What's new
What's new

Please identify this machine, that I’ve never before seen

The crank evidently rotates the platen on which "something " sits, and is held down by the arm and pad in the center, The other arm seems to be settable at angles and must cut the workpiece as it is rotated.

It could, for instance, cut the bevels on watch glasses (crystals). Or round lenses.

52E92414-71A6-4E3B-850E-83644BDAF151.jpg
The crank evidently rotates the platen on which "something " sits, and is held down by the arm and pad in the center, The other arm seems to be settable at angles and must cut the workpiece as it is rotated.

It could, for instance, cut the bevels on watch glasses (crystals). Or round lenses.

Think u r right, here’s another, easy to see it has same functions even though implementation differs a bit.

I get it that we could follow your link - but if you are going to post photos anyway, why don't you make them a size anyone, especially old crotchety geezer machinists, can see????

smt

I’ll work on it next time, I’ve been putting full sized hi-dens photos on using the forum’s upload tool under manage attachments; the forum shrinks ‘em to thumbnail. When I click on it, it triples in display size, about all I’d need. Did you click on the thumbnail to get the big version?

Last edited:
It was posted on an antique board, and PM has an antique section.

Why did the OP not post in the proper section ?.....:nutter:

Did you click on the thumbnail to get the big version?

Of course!
On my screen, the blow up is just about exactly 2 x the thumbnail size.
Not enough for me to read any inscriptions.

you could make them at least post card size, but when asking for information and expecting people to go by details, full screen is better. Say 800 pixels on the long side.

I usually edit photos to 1200 pixels on the long side, my edit program adjusts the short side accordingly, the sites software reduces it to about full page if in landscape mode, smaller if vertical mode.

smt

Of course!
On my screen, the blow up is just about exactly 2 x the thumbnail size.
Not enough for me to read any inscriptions.

you could make them at least post card size, but when asking for information and expecting people to go by details, full screen is better. Say 800 pixels on the long side.

I usually edit photos to 1200 pixels on the long side, my edit program adjusts the short side accordingly, the sites software reduces it to about full page if in landscape mode, smaller if vertical mode.

smt

Thanks but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong in the PM manage attachments section. There is only one way to do it offered to me there and no matter what size photo I upload the same little thumbnail appears. Give me a different process please.

Back