What's new
What's new

A press I made, uses an "enerpack"

dsergison

Diamond
an H-frame press, but with off-side capability. so you can get oversize stuff like riveting pannels, etc...

something I plan to do is buy some ironworker punches, (whatever is easy to find) and make a slideway that can attach to the upright to act as a linear guide powered by the ram.

origionally the bridge and table were 3" x 3" x 1/4" angle. (what i had at the time) but it was rather springy. I backed that up with c3x5lb channel just tonight. now I cant get 1/8" deflection with ALL the ram power I can manage. almost 3x the section stiffness with the two of them. only the channel runs outboard. that capability was a recent improvement

have my shear clamped on it at the moment. good place to keep it handy.
press.jpg

press_adjustment.jpg

press_top.jpg

holds the ram on the stub. it has a spring ring like the attachments do, just doesnt quite hold it up

that stub is one of the first thing I threaded with my first lathe. it's hard to tell but there is a diameter step of about .05" so it does not pull through the bottom plate. the nut on top tightens it up wherever you want to use it.

simple welding table

table_top.jpg

table_underside.jpg

3/16 plate. 4" channel. 3"x1/4" "ladder" stiffeners.

this is a very sturdy table top. my legs are a bit twinky. but the top constructuion is about perfect. very sold feel, barely managable weight to slide around. I mounted casters anyway.

Back