What's new
What's new

Pro/Engineer 2000 i2

Sander

Hot Rolled
I have the opportunity to acquire a "new in box" copy for about $20. Given it's age does it run on XP?

I just looked at PTC's web site and it appears that 2000i was originally written to run on Windows NT, 2000 and 98. I think since NT and XP are so similar it may work.

You should be aware that Pro-E does not install like a typical windows program, Pro-E is not really a native widows program. It will also require a license file from PTC. It probably will be a PITA to get it setup and working. Good luck, you will need it.

Scott

I just saw that they're selling a 'closeout' non-commercial version of the Pro/E Wildfire 3 for $99 because ver. 4 is out. (Didn't keep the email, or I would post it here. ) I think that would be a better deal.

ProE 2000i

I would suggest you pass.

2000i and 2000i2 both run on windows NT, and may or may not run on XP.

Also they are older releases. If you want to try ProE Wildfire2 is what you want.

I worked on ProE since release 11 (about 15 years)
There is a student version available for about $100.
However you're required to have the full/matained version at place of work.
You do need a license file, & it is keyed to your cpu.

Mike D

I have the opportunity to acquire a "new in box" copy for about $20. Given it's age does it run on XP?

I just saw that they're selling a 'closeout' non-commercial version of the Pro/E Wildfire 3 for $99 because ver. 4 is out. (Didn't keep the email, or I would post it here. ) I think that would be a better deal.

If you are just trying to make normal parts and drawings, there isn't much difference between the two.

Back