What's new
What's new

Problems with Grizzly G9729 Combo Lathe/Mill motor switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

281@Weldon

Plastic
Have a G9729 Lathe/Mill machine. The machine runs good when it is not broke down. Have had it since 2004, and rarely ever use it, but when I want to, it seems to break down. I cannot keep a working Fwd/Off/Rev motor switch on it. I know they are cheap Chinese switches, but I am hoping someone can tell me a good replacement switch, that will work. The switch has 12 contacts and 3 positions. The motor is 1 hp. with start and run capacitors and has the centrifugal switch in the motor that cuts out when the motor gets up to speed. Please Grizzly Owners, I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Throw that worthless piece of shit in the nearest scrap yard, send it back to china.
Then they can melt it down and make some equally worthless piece of shit machine and send it back here for some other ignoramus to waste his money on. It's a never ending cycle no mater how hard we try to educate the masses. There are just to many morons out there. Oh well, back to my LeBlond.........

It is really a shame a new guy to turning/machining has to work with a problem machine...It is also a shame that a decent lathe cant/is not being made...
Guess as long as they cant be returned they will continue to be poor.

Still its good we get a failure report often enough to avoid the problem..

Yes the op should hire an Electrician and re wire the machine. perhaps $300 or so.

Guess they should have at least a one year service agreement...agree that would not help a 2004 low hours machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back