What's new
What's new

Are Bison and Pulf the same company?

Regal13

Cast Iron
I have never heard of Pulf brand lathe chucks before and I can't find squat about them on the web. I only know they are made in Poland. I have been told that they are the same company as Bison, but have no way verifying this information. Does anybody here know?

I've never heard of the PULF chucks before, But I did see Sharp chucks ,for sale in a Production tool catalog, They are a little cheaper than Bison,and advertise backplates,
jaws, pinions,and scrolls to interchange with Bison. Maybe a Chi-com nock-off DAVE [ACME THREAD]

Thanks for the replies. I had never heard of Pulf before either until I have two of them...a 3-jaw and a 4-jaw. They seem to be of good quality...certainly far superior to any chuck I have seen imported from China. I haven't been able to find anything useful on the web about them though...just a couple of ebay listings.

This seller is the one who thought Pulf and Bison were the same company, but he had only heard this from another person and couldn't say for sure.

The jaws feel good, the edges are finished well--no burrs like the chinese 4-jaw on my other lathe, and there is not binding and loose spots when the jaws go in and out. I have not had them on the late yet to see how true they hold work.

I just realized something...upon a closer look at the chucks, they are not PULF brand, they only say Poland, and PULf-part # and PULr-part number! so if there was a brand name, I guess it would be PUL. I still can't find anything about them on the web.

Back