What's new
What's new

Mobilmet Gamma cutting oil

jwatts

Hot Rolled
I recently tried to order some Mobilmet Gamma only to find that it has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a distributor that might still have some or whether there is another product that is its equivalent?

Well it looks like I posted just a little too soon. I finally got in touch with someone at Mobil that actual knew something. Mobilmet Gamma has been discontinued and has been replaced with Mobilmet 766.

Grainger has 766 in 5's and 1's. If you want a drum of Gamma, I just got a smokin deal on 55 gal for about $8 a gallon. The price for 766 in 55 gal drums is over
$14/gal.
Dan

reefcruiser,

If you were closer I might take you up on it. I'm afraid that getting that drum half way across the country would put the price a little too rich for my blood.

reef, email me if still available on the link to my site. I'll buy every drop of mobilmet gamma if the price is right.

To be honest, that is way more oil than I need, so I'm not willing to pay that much more than I would for a 5 gallon pail. I appreciate the offer, but shipping it here would already put me well over that cost not counting paying something for the oil.

Back