What's new
What's new

Odd milling (or drilling?) machine ID

v8bug

Plastic
Found this advertised in an upcoming estate sale the next town over, I have no info other than the picture. Looks like a pretty heavy duty base for something small, is this just a xy table (with no t-slots?) with some kind of drilling head?

any info or knowledge would be great before I drive 100 miles to see it :)

thanks
Matt

CIMG6984.jpg

Circuit board drilling or other ultra fast small drill duties is likely. Not necessarily home build either.

The manual, lab and prototype duties ones I was familiar with back in the 1970's were basically a hefty three phase motor with high step up belt drive on a quite chunky drill head. Typical Herbert / Pollard et al "serious machine tool firm" products. However we had a few high speed brush motors with integrated variac speed controllers, speed set by a knob on the end, and step up epicyclic gearbox on the end which looked very similar to that drive head. As I recall they would have been more than strong enough for drilling duties if mounted as shown although we had them for other duties.

Clive

got a hold of the guy tonight, It is indeed a precision drilling machine, don't know the manufacture though.

thanks for the insight guys

-Matt

Back