What's new
What's new

Help Identifying Hydraulic Puller

kjones95206

Plastic
This hydraulic puller has an outside diameter of 5" and its over height is 13".
I am unable to find any markings on the ram other than the "Ret" mark for the return hose.
Can someone tell me the brand and model of this ram?

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 161
Ret is for "Retract" not return. Looks like an Enerpac ram. Also looks like someone has been hammering on the side of it. And no, not a puller.

Even the right colour, not a cheap unit either, there’s about 1500 of our pounds there, seal kits are not cheap either although there are compatibles available, common failure I’ve found was a bent ram through overloading, at least in a steel plant so that’s not representative really!, good kit operated by idiots usually gets damaged
Mark

I belive Enerpac runs their stuff at several times higher pressures. Means everthing is special, not off the shelf pressure hoses etc. It also means any cylinder can be much smaller diameter for equal force.
Bill D

Look carefully around the base of the cylinder, on the OD. If it is an Enerpac it will have a part number and a date code or revision level.

I belive Enerpac runs their stuff at several times higher pressures. Means everthing is special, not off the shelf pressure hoses etc. It also means any cylinder can be much smaller diameter for equal force.
Bill D

Numbers Bill.....Enerpac normally runs 10,000 psi.

There are hose shops that can make you hose for it.

Digger of course they can make up hoses for you just let them know it is not the regular 3,500? pressure stuff.
Reminds me of buying auto fuel hose when they used to ask for fuel injection or regular low pressure fuel hose.
Bill D

Bill D

Digger of course they can make up hoses for you just let them know it is not the regular 3,500? pressure stuff.
Reminds me of buying auto fuel hose when they used to ask for fuel injection or regular low pressure fuel hose.
Bill D

But you are just "Arm waving" with no semblance of reality with your "advice" of ...."I belive Enerpac runs their stuff at several times higher pressures."

If you don't know.....just make up some vague stuff ?

I deal with enerpac, OTC, and simplex several times a year.

Back