What's new
What's new

Rivitt 1020 on e bay

I have been looking around for that elusive "smoking deal" on a 1020 for years, this ain't it. Painted like a circus wagon for 9500.00!! If someone knows how to post a link go for it

That kind of reminds me of a house I looked at one time -- it had lime green shag carpeting LONG after shag carpet was gone from homes. You couldn't see the house for the carpet. They finally re-carpeted, and sold the house.

I like to be charitable and just assume the person who painted it was colorblind.

(or worked for Fisher-Price)

No comment on seller/price, but I'm sure it can still turn parts into green, regardless of lathe color.

Truly!

Changing paint colour has to be about the easiest and cheapest thing of all.

Insuring one can power it, replacing costly spindle bearings, doing bed regrinds & c. - even just assembling a useful collection of 'nose art', much less so.

Bill

Hard to comment on anything else but the paint. A rivett cut sheet and poor seller rating. Way wear, belts, reeves drive wear, does it even run? It may or may not turn steel into green and for that price i need more than flashy paint!

What's the matter.....you don't like red, white, and loser blue?

Given the guys feedback, I wouldn't buy licorice from him/her.

Hard to comment on anything else but the paint. A rivett cut sheet and poor seller rating. Way wear, belts, reeves drive wear, does it even run? It may or may not turn steel into green and for that price i need more than flashy paint!

Yer right, of course. The paint is of no consequence. Worst-case a few minutes with a rattle-can will take it off the radar 'til a better job can be done.

Drive system on a Rivett 10XX - they used several - can be managed, but only with skill and dedication ELSE significant money to another who has that.

Way wear et al is wot it is, but the general bet is not too bad. These lathes were ordinarily too damned costly to have been casually abused, or even worked all that hard, honest-like.

Bill

These lathes were ordinarily too damned costly to have been casually abused, or even worked all that hard, honest-like.

There have certainly been more than a few that were abused. In fact, the Government was the worst and purchased the majority of 1020/1030 lathes, and just worked them into the ground.

There have certainly been more than a few that were abused. In fact, the Government was the worst and purchased the majority of 1020/1030 lathes, and just worked them into the ground.

I hear yah.

Nothing all that 'casual' about Gummint Munchkin indifference to taxpayer's resources, though.

Seems to be a pre-hire requirement, regardless of who is in office, so their slice of the pie is always growing.

:(

Back