What's new
What's new

Rotary Table help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddiev

Plastic
Good afternoon everyone!

Been a quiet viewer around here for a couple of years and decided to join in. Not much to add with all the seasoned veterans around, but i’ll try to pitch in whenever i can.

I’m a molding engineer but we’re slowly building a shop to do small repairwork for the maintenance crew. That said, most my gear is whatever i can buy from my hobby partmaking (spinners, tops, coins, modifications for other makers and such)

That said... i broke the super chinesium rotary table i bought a year ago... the worm gear just... chewed up and slips too much. So, im juggling between two options:

A 5” tilting rotary table with accesories:
A versatile little tool that could open a lot more posibilities. But chatter scares me...
https://m.ebay.com/itm/BS-0-Precisi...792255?hash=item2ccea9bfff:g:jCUAAOSwpw1aZb-H

Or

A 6” horizontal and vertical rotary with no extras.
“Sturdy” option that steers me away from the chatter party my 3” rotary provided me of...
Error Page | eBay

The usual materials i work wih are: 6al-4v, brass, copper, berillium copper (rarely but have), 304 ss and some O1...

Any ideas? Suggestions? Tips? Help? Anything?
Budget isnt really more than $300... the parts i build arent really worth it atm.

Thank yall in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back