Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    deadend is offline Hot Rolled

Default Please let me know

Be interested plus oneor two.

b46nelson is offline Plastic

Yes, very interested. I'm in Indianapolis, IN. Have already sent you a PM.

Have a great day,
    Bob

Smike740 is offline Plastic

I am interested as well. PM sent

Mike

MichaelP is offline Titanium

It would be nice to know the dates ASAP to start adjusting work schedule accordingly.

Look forward to attending the class.

Rob D is offline Aluminum

I'm interested. Need date ASAP. PM sent.

Default Numbers

Was there ever mentioned a number of allowed?

sicero is offline Stainless

Wayne,
    I wrote you a PM with a maybe some time back.
    It now looks like I can do it for sure.
    Any update?
    Time , Place , cost? Kenny Pond

daw53 is online now Plastic

PM sent, like others the exact date is needed in order to confirm that I can make it.

Thanks - David

whitworthy is offline Plastic

Also interested. PM sent.

dp
    dp is offline Banned

I took some video of the Seattle scraping class but was on call that weekend and got called in to work almost as soon as I got to the class. Anyway, didn't get much, but what I got is here:

Scraping in Seattle | Metal Working At Home

Also have some photos and vid of the Newport, Oregon class I took. It is well worth your time. Hope somebody brings a camera!

CMW Al is offline Plastic

Default CMW Al

Hello group. For those of us in the North Central part of the country, there will be a hand and machine scraping class held in Wisconsin in mid April. Take a look at http:// handscraping.com/ and then look on e-Bay for details.

gzig5 is offline Hot Rolled

Quote Originally Posted by CMW Al View Post
    Hello group. For those of us in the North Central part of the country, there will be a hand and machine scraping class held in Wisconsin in mid April. Take a look at http:// handscraping.com/ and then look on e-Bay for details.

How about posting the info here? Where, when, how long, how much, etc. There is nothing on that website regarding a class and I've found nothing in ebay.

Default CMW Al

Sorry, I saw it originally on eBay, but can't find it now. However, there is still room for a couple more people, as far as I know. The instructor prefers to be contacted personally via e-mail through his website for details. [url=http://handscraping.com]

Forrest Addy is offline Diamond

To add to CMW's post. Rich King has a much more comprehensive course than the basic scraping class Don Roberts and I have to offer.

If you can afford the fee and lodging, Rich King's class will take you a lot further into the machine tool reconditioning process in a full week or two than Don and I can take you in a single week end.

Default date

Sure would be nice to have a date and how many people can attend. THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS

Default CMW Al

Thanks Forrest, This is going to be a three day, 30 hour weekend gig beginning on April 15th. Interested folks need to contact Mr. King for more information.

Forrest Addy is offline Diamond

CMW Al, That wasn't my point. I was being diplomatic but obviously I was too bland. My point was the class this thread originally announced was intended for the Detroit area towards the end of April. Materials have been gathered, some commitments made, funds expended, and now another scraping class comes along that not only competes for date and locale but a proponent of it crashes the very thread originally intended by the organizer to solicit students for the Detroit class.

CMW Al you've caused considerable confusion. Maybe you were trying to be helpful - put the word forth, possibly in innocence but in fact you are poaching. If you wish to recruit people for a task or event at least try not to conflict with another. Next time, please post your solicitations and announcements for competing events on a separate thread from ours.

To all who read hereafter: CMW Al's posts pertain to ANOTHER scraping class apparently conducted by Rich King in Cottage Grove Minnisota. The class Don Roberts and I teach was scheduled for late April but as of now the date and venue haven't been settled yet.

Looks like you who read here have a choice: the 2 day week-end class in the Detroit area for about $300 (based on 20 students and includes lunch and a closed swap meet but the costs are not set in concrete) or a 3 day class in Minnesota with (I'm sure) attractions of their own.

BTW I strongly endorse Rich King as a scraping instructor. I have no arguement with him though we cheerfully disagree on many minute points. We go back over 20 years and we've referred jobs and students to each other. We don't compete: Rich teaches the industrial side of things and Don and I teach the basics for the home shop machinist.

Forrest Addy
    Last edited by Forrest Addy; 03-09-2011 at 08:58 PM.

SIP6A is offline Stainless

Well Forrest I for one am looking forward to you and Don coming to the Detroit area and taking your class.

Todd

gzig5 is offline Hot Rolled

Who is running the Detroit area class? I sent an PM to the OP several weeks ago expressing interest but I've not received a reply and thought the class was off until this thread floated back to the top. I'd like to get on the list and find out whatever details are available.
    Greg

Bob Farr is offline Cast Iron

Doh! I don't know how I managed to miss this thread until now, but I'm DEFINATELY interested in attending.

I live in the Detroit suburbs, Toledo is at my back door, and my checkbook is open, so if there is still room please please tell me where to send the tuition to reserve a spot. PM's sent to the OP and Forrest.

BTW, if no date has been fixed you you may want to keep in mind that the North American Model Engineering Society's (NAMES) engine show is the weekend of April 30 - May 1, 2011 in Soughgate, Michigan. Link: North American Model Engineering Society Soughgate, Michigan is on the south side of Detroit about 45 miles straight up I-75 from Toledo. This info may help avoid scheduling conflicts or, hopefully, create an interesting secondary side trip for those going to the scraping class.

Bob Farr

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast