What's new
What's new

Scraping a scam?

I'm hoping they mean scraping round bearings, i.e. spindles vs ways. We all know their claims, but I'm a bit of challenge to 100% buy into it. I mean how do you know it doesn't embed, why wouldn't it.....and just how fast does it break down? Not say it isn't so, but I want to see the electronic microscope study before i'm a believer..

They do say round, but I think electron microscope proof was a bit scarce in 1920. Saw the ad in an old magazine scan and it tickled my funny bone. Dang! I didn't know you could still buy the stuff!

When did they go bankrupt 1921? Wait a minute you said you can still buy the stuff?
My dad wanted to put jeweler's rouge on lawnmower crank pins, I told him it was a bad idea.

We used it to bed in brass sealing rings for rubber mixing machines. It was brilliant stuff, it did everything it says on the tin. I don't know how it works I only know it does. I used to have a tin full of the yellow type until very recently.

I also used it to create that engine turned finish you see from time to time. I used the powder mixed with oil on the end of a short length of dowel.

Regards Tyrone.

I’ve got tins of each grade in a cabinet ....

It usually gets used on bronze and Babbitt bearings...

A 40” bronze bearing will lap very quickly...

Back