right now im running 810 sfm in cp2

tool reps say im crazy lol and it shouldnt be working for me

1.25 doc
.030 woc
115 ipm

rep says " that must sound like shit"
i reply "nope it makes the cha-ching sound"

everything i read im seeing max sfm at around 300 with chip thinning

on another note...there is a issue with getting coolant to the endmill as it goes around the part. the coolant hoses are mounted on the right side so when the endmill comes around the left side the part block most of the coolant.

Ive seen U shaped coolant tubes that go around the spindle on newer machines but havent been able to find a retro fit for my okuma mill

imput appreciated

right now im running 810 sfm in cp2

tool reps say im crazy lol and it shouldnt be working for me

1.25 doc
.030 woc
115 ipm

rep says " that must sound like shit"
i reply "nope it makes the cha-ching sound"

everything i read im seeing max sfm at around 300 with chip thinning

on another note...there is a issue with getting coolant to the endmill as it goes around the part. the coolant hoses are mounted on the right side so when the endmill comes around the left side the part block most of the coolant.

Ive seen U shaped coolant tubes that go around the spindle on newer machines but havent been able to find a retro fit for my okuma mill

imput appreciated

nobody says it cant go faster than recommended sfpm. you just get more problems when you do.

I look at it like this, ......you may be getting away with it on this job, .......but don't take it as gospel for any other Ti job that comes your way.

I have an Okuma M560 mill and the same problems with coolant delivery. I’ve tried adding some additional LocLine pieces to increase length of the front and rear lines, then use 90 degree angles before the nozzles. Helps a little, so I can shoot coolant from the front and back as well as from the right. But have to be careful to not interfere with tool change arm, fixtures or tool probe (if you have one). It’s a pretty cheap and very easy to reverse “upgrade”...

Downside - does seem to slightly increase the chances of clogging the LocLine with fines...

Back