What's new
What's new

Need manual for Thomson Mill Drill model 100

castiron

Cast Iron
Howdy,
Cleaning up a Thomson mill drill, very dirty but just been sitting in a dirty place. I do have the original brochure i picked up when they still made these but don't have the 41 page manual, i would like to get a copy of, any one out there that can help me?
If so please contact me at [email protected]
thanks mac,,,

What's not in the manual is that in order to stabilize a Mill-Drill table against even the tiniest milling/tracing cuts in anything harder than plastic, you have to hang weights off it using cables and pulleys. Used under a drill press it will let you reproduce a pattern of drilled holes from a template--which you have to make. That thing had a brief period of popularity back when printed circuit boards were simple and every place made their own in house, hand-soldering the components. As manufacturing equipment, it went out with drafting tables and typewriters. But, if you have a product that could be, say, drilled/tapped with it under a Burgmaster, it could be golden.

I am also looking to find the manual for a Thomson Mill-Drill 100 T/C. Can someone tell me where to find it as I have looked everywhere on the internet. We recently pushed the table to far back and it bent the power cord and shorted it out against the drilling machine. Since I do not have the manual I do not know how to release the solenoid brake manually (can it be done?) and the table is frozen. The power cable is badly bent and the wires are exposed against the metal drill so we cant turn the Thomson 100 on to get the table to move without shorting it out and kicking the breaker. That already happened and I dont know if we have already damaged the table or not? Can someone help with this problem?

Thanks,

Steve

Back