What's new
What's new

OT: need 3/8" pipe locknuts

mobile_bob

Stainless
not sure what you call them, but they are used in electrical boxes as lock nuts
i have seen them down to 1/2 inch pipe size, but so far can't find them down to 3/8
pipe size.

they are the little thin nuts you use to lock down emt fittings inside the metal junction boxes

they are also sometimes used to lock exhaust pipes in little gas engine's, again i have seen them down to 1/2 but no smaller.

what are they called, and is there a source for 3/8 pipe sized ones?

i just need one

thanks guys
bob g

thanks Davy

for the life of me, i cannot understand why it is i can't find something until i post looking for it here,

after posting i found what i am looking for at wwgrainger.com
they have them as 3/8 conduit lock nuts for 97cents each

so, now that i have located that, i am down to looking for a 3/8 inch nipple, but i am looking for one that is british parallel pipe rather than the more common tapered pipe thread.

anybody on this one?

thanks
bob g

To get 3/8" BSPP nipple go for a hydraulic one.They come parallel one side taper other and parallel both sides.Standard item here,maybe not so common there.
Time you guys and Burma joined the rest of the world and accepted BSP as the standard. :D
Nuts for pipes are called back nuts here.

Straight threaded 3/8 pipe and nuts to suit are standard components in electric lamps. You can probably find them in the electrical department at big hardware stores and building supply stores like Menard's. And there are plenty of online sellers.

Lamp Parts, Lighting Parts, Lamp Glass and Chandelier parts - Grand Brass Lamp parts and lighting parts Super Store

Lamp Parts, Lighting Parts, Lamp Glass and Chandelier parts - Grand Brass Lamp parts and lighting parts Super Store

And look at the amazing vaiety of stuff these guys sell. You never know when you might need a hickey.
http://www.grandbrass.com/

Larry

Back