What's new
What's new

On site repair of loader bushings!

Do you need new pins as well? Thats normally what really bumps the costs.

If the rest of the machines good, it may well also be worth the cost of a grease auto pump system so the new pins actually get lubed.

I found out that bushings and pins last much longer if you lock the pin in place and make the hinge as tight as possible
Normally a hinge on a loader consist of 3 parts Lock the pin in the 2 outer parts with 2 setscrew at 90 ° apart and make the pin as tight as possible in the middle part
They will last much longer that way

Peter

Over on HEF forums one repair guy said he would be out of business if owner/operataters discovered the little funny shaped things were for grease!

Over on HEF forums one repair guy said he would be out of business if owner/operataters discovered the little funny shaped things were for grease!

Same here. We sleeved a bore and made a pin for a knuckle for a log grapple, sent it out. Get a call saying it has seized. We ask, "did you grease it?", reply on phone was client asking fitter if it was greased, fitter replying, "was there a grease nipple?"

I have done two of these in the last few years. These required far more work than just pins and bushings. The ends of the arms were in bad shape. Its important to remember to keep the centers of the bushings in alignment, otherwise the pins and bushings and arms get twisted every time the bucket is raised or lowered.

JH

You can buy enough equipment to get started for about $20K.

Then you need the truck, a welding power source, and some practice.

In reality, it costs what it costs, wherever you are. You pretty much need to talk to the local guy because sending 35 tons of equipment across the continent is a bit tough on the Postal Meter.

I know a couple guys that built their own line boring equipment and used it, and have seen some pretty nice newer tech stuff in action, that could skip weld to build up the flats between teeth on splines (up to 20 per bore, IIRC), or skip across a keyway on each pass so it would not have to be recut.

If you really expect a useful answer though, ask a question with enough useful info to allow same.

Cheers
Trev

Back