What's new
What's new

Solberga Mekaniska Drill Press Again

Sawyer Rob

Aluminum
I finally made the deal to bring this drill press home today... I met my tool dealer friend at his warehouse this morning, and i agreed to do $500.00 worth of logging and milling his logs, in trade for it.

Here it is, loaded and ready to head to it's new home...

standard.jpg

Once i got it home, i rolled it into place useing some pipe under it. I already had a MT3 Jacobs 3/4" ball berring super chuck, so i put it on, and also the best i could do for a vise is a Wilton i had around...

standard.jpg

I'm really going to like that slow 120 rpm speed when i'm using bigger bits and hole saws!!

standard.jpg

Now, all that's left is getting the time to wire it in, and i'll get to that in a day or two... I think i'm going to be very happy with my new to me drill press...

I'd again like to say "thanks" to all of you that took the time to answer my questions about this DP in my "other" post. Your answers helped me to decide to get it...
Rob

Well, we're glad you did too. You're gonna love the giant table on that thing.

Incidentally I work around the corner from Solberga; I think it's the next stop on the subway line.

Very nice!

I just brought home a Wilton 20" VSG, and the base/column looks to be very similar. Didn't I see somewhere that these were marketed through Wilton? The table looks identical. The rest is similar, but with visible differences. I got my VSG for the same price, but while yours appears to need more work (for the rust), I think you got the better deal by a good stretch.

Congrats!

You will definitely enjoy the drill. I have owned a Wilton (Strands) gearedhead for about 15 years and it is a please to use.
In the rare event you need bearings, you can likely get SKF brand bearings. Mine had a metric tapered roller bearing at the bottom of the spindle and SKF had it.
glad you got that one.

Sure would like to make a poster of that image but it is copyrighted
If your serious, and really would like to have an image, PM me your email addy, and i'll send what ever one to you that you'd like, without the watermark...

Thanks guys...

Rob

Back