What's new
What's new

Monarch 10ee lathe

It's a long way from the final bid.
Fixing it may cost more than its worth.
It might turn out to be a good deal if you are close enough to go evaluate it yourself. Kenny

1. Looks like it was rode hard and put away wet

2. The obvious damage

3. The lack of a leadscrew...Is it a manufacturing model without screwcutting?

4. The unseen wear which you'd expect given the state of the rest of the machine.

5. The MG. While I read that it is the most robust of all the drive systems, it is loud and draws a lot of current

yes , its a manufacturing model , no change gears or lead screw .
unknown condition on wear or how much work it will take to get it running .
heavy, so most likely it will be picked up locally , not worth cost to ship unless someone is really looking for one of these .

so not worth a great deal , to most buyers .

Brice

I could be wrong, but I'm 90% certain I saw that same lathe listed within three to six months earlier. Pretty rough shape, maybe worth it for hand wheels, emblems, and other cosmetic accessories if your just needing parts.

It looks like it might have hit the world without its pallet. Like it fell off a fork lift. Just guessing because I wasn't there when its value dropped to $113.00. I think though that isn't all that dropped at that particular moment.

It is a "manufacturing lathe". that means turn face, bore, no threading.
It needs the cross feed screw - the owner does not say if its missing or just sloppy.

It needs the drive - the most expensive thing to replace on a monarch as its what ALWAYS fails.

If you don't like/ know how to reconfigure electrical/ electronics, this is not the machine for you. The long term way would be an ac drive conversion, since its the electrical control panel thats gone it may be the only way.

Perfect if you have another 1`10ee you need mechanical parts for. Absolutely nothing wrong with 10EE iron. The monarch forum may offer further enlightenments.

Back