What's new
What's new

Metalcutter

Titanium
If I have a 1,000,000 pixel picture will the Avatar process shrink the whole image to 80 x 80 or to allowed size? Or do I have to shrink it first?

Regards,

Stan-

It does shrink the photo after uploading, but there's a limit to how large a file you can upload. The photo has to be 19.5K or small before it will upload.

Insert the picture in a blank word document. Then save the document as a web page. This will give you a folder with two pictures in it and one will be very small.

Insert the picture in a blank word document. Then save the document as a web page. This will give you a folder with two pictures in it and one will be very small.

Some people know all the tricks. *Smile!

Thank you and best regards,

Stan-

Just a note for you guys putting up your dog or any number of other non metalworking related avatars, that just because you see others getting away with it doesn't mean the rules have changed and it's suddenly ok.

If anything that makes matters even worse and puts the whole forum at risk of eliminating avatars altogether except for moderators, if this gets too far out of hand. See Avatar guidelines regarding what is acceptable.

And FWIW, if you want to put an image of yourself that is ok but please make it such that we could recognize you in a crowd via that image. A whole body shot photo of you that is unrecognizable as "you" is pointless (other than to determine you are or are not 300 lbs maybe) and not acceptable.

Just a note for you guys putting up your dog or any number of other non metalworking related avatars, that just because you see others getting away with it doesn't mean the rules have changed and it's suddenly ok.

If anything that makes matters even worse and puts the whole forum at risk of eliminating avatars altogether except for moderators, if this gets too far out of hand. See Avatar guidelines regarding what is acceptable.

And FWIW, if you want to put an image of yourself that is ok but please make it such that we could recognize you in a crowd via that image. A whole body shot photo of you that is unrecognizable as "you" is pointless (other than to determine you are or are not 300 lbs maybe) and not acceptable.

Milacron, does that apply to my avatar? Yes, that is me behind the welding mask ... and I am doing metal work in the picture. But I doubt you could recognize me in a crowd based on this picture! Let me know if my avatar does not meet the specs.

Milacron, does that apply to my avatar? Yes, that is me behind the welding mask ... and I am doing metal work in the picture. But I doubt you could recognize me in a crowd based on this picture! Let me know if my avatar does not meet the specs.
Yours is fine since you are showing "metalworking" regardless of lack of face. Course you could be setting off a firecracker for all we know but it's still close enough ;)

My apologies.

I read the rules after I posted the dog.

I thought about trying to BS with shop dog or something but, in all honesty, I have too much respect for how well you run the forum to add to your workload.

The new avatar is an aluminum chip bonded to piece of carbide. We ran across this doing a microscopic analysis of tool chipping in a CNC mill. The coolant was full of stuff like this.

If this is too obscure or hard to identify I will be happy to change it.

Tom

Back