What's new
What's new

OT: Disposing electronics, wood & metal scrap, appliances

Spud

Diamond
I live in a suburban town just outside Milwaukee. Does anyone know where one can dispose of the following items:

* CRT TV?
I have a non-functioning CRT thats about 2 feet (diagonal distance)

* wood scrap pieces, mostly OSB and some 2 x4 pieces

* old appliances, fridge, washer, oven, microwave, diswasher

* some metal scrap odds and ends, old dolly

Are there special places for such things?

Thanks

BTW
There is no soda can recycling here. Seems an awfull waste to throw aluminum cans with the garbage. When I lived in Portland, used to recycle at the automated machines found in the big grocery chains like Fred Meyer, Winco etc.

You may need to contact the county or find out where the "dump" is. You can probably look up waste disposal in the online yellow pages for your area. Some charge by the (pickup) truckload or (bumper pull) trailer load, weigh in and out.

Cobb County where i used to live had a very organized county dump, best I'd ever seen before, quick, easy to use, and reasonably priced...you'd never think a gov't was involved ;). There were special "exits" from a perimeter road where appliances and then metals were dropped off, central building was for "softer" stuff which could be compacted by a giant front-end loader.

As for scrap wood and metal, I rarely throw either of those away...which probably gets me in trouble but you can never have too much blocking or cribbing when you get into moving machinery.

Where I now live in Gwinnett county, we have curbside recycling of aluminum cans, dunno where it goes over here, but I'm sure there is someone interested at today's metal prices. Michigan had lots of motivation to get them back, 10cents/can deposit.

Back